Director of Engineering
- The DMZ - 10 Dundas Street E. Toronto, ON
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
What’s Pinch Financial?
Pinch is a FinTech startup making mortgage qualification accessible for first-time homebuyers. With Pinch Canadians can qualify themselves for a mortgage through major banks and lenders in less than 10 minutes. No more wasted time at banks, dealing with brokers, or providing endless paperwork. The Pinch team is based out of the DMZ in Toronto and is incredibly motivated to grow and scale together.
Pinch is currently seeking a Director of Engineering (DoE) that will take the lead on Pinch’s mortgage qualification software, including its design, development, testing and deployment. Pinch currently has a high-fidelity prototype for the software, but the development should be viewed as a greenfield project for the DoE. In addition, the DoE will have discretion recruiting and overseeing new engineers and developers.
We’d love to meet if you’re passionate about having an impact on the growth of an early-stage company and have an interest in making homeownership attainable. At Pinch we aim to have a diversity of opinion and experience influence our decision-making and hope the DoE will add a new voice to this process.
- Background in full-stack web development
- Knowledge of programming languages, including JS, HTML, and CSS
- Proficiency with SQL
- Building software architectures for regulated financial institutions
- Experience managing project goals, strategy, and architecture decisions
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure or other cloud services
- Building and leading engineering teams
- Self-motivated with a passion for solving complex problems
- Interested in being a leader at a growing company
- Team mentality coupled with conviction and autonomy of thought
- Open to continued learning and professional growth opportunities
- Company stock
- Flexible and accommodating work arrangement available
- Office directly connected to the Dundas TTC subway station and Dundas streetcar route
- Breakfast, snacks, including fresh fruit, and coffee provided every day
- Office has bike lockers, showers, and garment rooms available
- Hammocks and recreational rooms on-site
- Access to the DMZ and all the benefits that come with it, including industry leading advisors, professional growth opportunities, exclusive social events, and a diverse community of leading startup professionals
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group