We are seeking a qualified Front-End Developer to join our growing team of established corporate entrepreneurs and technologists at the Emerging Technology Hub in the newly opened Deloitte Waterloo Region Office.
The Emerging Technology Hub (ET Hub) is part of the Deloitte Technology group and will serve clients across Canada and globally. We build innovative large-scale technical solutions for our clients in industries like Banking, Healthcare and Insurance. We also create solutions for clients using emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI/ ML, and IoT.
We are located in the Kitchener-Waterloo Region right next to Communitech, one of Canada's most productive and exciting technology and innovation hubs. You will be working alongside some of the brightest entrepreneurs and innovators in Canada and inside one of the region's most exciting work environments. The team will consist of product managers, software architects, full stack developers, front-end designers and subject matter experts.
By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey. Our approach is to start from the customer or the user needs, convert them into concepts, design tangible prototypes, and finally develop and implement concrete solutions, always keeping in mind the business impact they entail. Our team delivers disruptive innovations, relying on their business and technology knowledge, along with their creative capabilities.
Within the development team, we pride ourselves on being technology-agnostic, choosing the right tool for each job. Some of the technologies we used recently include: Angular, Bootstrap, VueJS, React (Native), Swift, and were always on the look-out for the next thing that will revolutionize our way of working!
You will have the opportunity to research and train on emerging technologies and some of the most crucial technology platforms in the market today, sharing back your findings with innovation center teams as a subject matter expert and providing input for future projects. You will also support the presentation of digital prototypes in client engagements and make contributions to Deloitte's global technology knowledge base.
You are an entrepreneurially-minded front-end developer who works collaboratively with stakeholders to build digital solutions that are engaging, inspiring, and differential. You are nimble-minded and naturally curious. You are comfortable juggling responsibilities and pivoting a team based on feedback. You are passionate about your work and the accomplishments of your team. If this sounds like you, read on!
To qualify for this position, you have:
- 4-6 years experience producing web/mobile/enterprise solutions in a professional development environment
- Experience in agile development environments
- You are a team player who enjoys working with others to solve problems, share knowledge and can help to grow and mentor junior developers
- A passion to lead young professionals and students in an agile-scrum environment.
- You balance logical problem solving with innovative thinking
- Confidence to solve problems that may not be well defined from the beginning, leading a team through the discovery process.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or math program (or equivalent programming academic experience or through work experience).
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills (English and/or French)
An open mind and a desire to learn from client or stakeholder feedback.
Let us know if you have any of these optional qualifications:
- Experience in Insurance or Healthcare industries
- Have agile-scrum training and experience.
- Design thinking, rapid prototyping, or entrepreneurial experience.
- Build user experience and interface for applications with emerging technologies like machine learning, blockchain or IoT
Highlight your experience in the following technical areas. If we missed something, tell us what we need to know!
- You have experience translating designs and wireframes into high quality, responsive websites with performance and accessibility in mind.
- You love optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers (browser testing and accessibility testing).
- You have worked with Webpack, Parcel, Gulp, Browserify and the Command Line Interface (CLI) is your best friend.
- You love git and have lots of experience with Bitbucket, GitHub and how they integrate with Jira. SVN experience is always welcomed.
- You can build reusable and maintainable components (Angular, React) and front-end UI libraries for rapid development.
- You are familiar with RESTful APIs and have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- You have used a TDD approach for unit tests and know what the best tools are for the task.
- You are a specialist in your field of expertise with hybrid interests in all technology beyond that, such as back-end development (e.g. Rails, Python, Java, NodeJS), design (e.g. UX expertise, Photoshop, Sketch), cloud technologies (Amazon AWS, Firebase, Azure), microservices, iOS development, Android, etc.
- You have a GitHub account, a portfolio or are just awesome and can code something for us right in the spot.