Software Architect - Cloud Solution and Infrastructure of On-demand Transit System
What we’re hoping you will achieve… (circa 2020) two years from now.
Your potential story, two years from now……. We’d like to thank you for your contributions in advancing the state of urban transportation. Due to your cloud solution infrastructure improvement initiatives, our ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform now handles 10x higher volume of passenger rides while maintaining real-time vehicle routing performance under more complex operational constraints. You mentored a cross-functional team of developers in algorithms, cloud architecture, web stack and mobile apps, ensuring the consistent application of scalable, high quality, micro-service oriented coding practices. Your initiatives produced a faster cadence of new feature releases. These results accelerated the adoption of our cloud software platform with fleet operators and public transit agencies worldwide. Passengers now wait less, walk less, make fewer transfers, get to their destinations quicker, and live happier lives. Here are some of your contributions as a leader in our engineering team:
- Contributed to cloud platform architecture design including problem space partitioning, caching mechanisms, micro-services, database design, distributed computing framework, and business rules logic engine for a multi-tenant system
- Led and mentored a cross functional team of developers across algorithms, cloud architecture, web stack and mobile apps
- Maintained a 99.9%+ platform uptime record while scaling the platform’s data processing throughput 10-fold
- Enhanced the platform’s mapping engine to facilitate thousands of routing calculations in seconds with real-time traffic data for different vehicle types and road constraints
- Helped the algorithms team design and implement code that work in a parallelized fashion capable of processing thousands of rides / vehicle routes per minute in the cloud
- Implemented health monitoring and alerting mechanisms spanning various subsystems and micro-services
- Improved the platform’s auto-scaling capabilities and halved the hardware consumption per unit of work
We can’t wait until 2020. Now Back to Today. If you’d like this story to be yours, apply now.
Who we are
RideCo is a tech startup. Fleet operators and public transit agencies in North America and Asia use RideCo’s cloud based software platform to provide on-demand shared rides in dynamically routed buses, vans and cars.
Have you experienced getting frustrated with public buses and switched to driving a car? What about being stuck in traffic while commuting to work solo-driving your car? Have you seen buses drive around in residential areas with very few passengers on-board and wondered how inefficient that seems to be? You’re likely aware of the first & last mile access challenges faced by transit hubs. We are solving these problems by re-imagining shared mobility. Imagine a world where vehicles have dynamic routes responsive to real-time trip demand. This ‘dynamic shuttle’ (or van /sedan) would pick you up, on-demand, at or near your doorstep and take you to your destination or transit hub. Along the way it may pick-up other passengers going in your direction. Your experience will be seamless: less waiting, less walking, fewer transfers, shorter travel time, and timely pickups and drop-offs. RideCo’s ‘dynamic shuttle’ platform enables this seamless experience and low-cost shared rides for vehicle fleet operators and their passengers. By seamlessly moving more people in fewer vehicles we are catalyzing a generational shift in how people get around cities and towns. This means commuters spend less time in transit and more time doing what they enjoy.
While there are many companies attempting to commercialize dynamic transportation solutions, RideCo is the only company that offers a solution that works in real-time at large scale across a mixed fleet of vehicles from buses to sedans in both high-density and low-density urban environments. This unique solution is based on patent-pending logistics technology developed over years of research by our engineering team.
Our clients include some of the world's largest fleet operators such as Grab and Los Angeles Metro. RideCo powers a diverse range of use cases today including residential/suburban travel, first-mile-last-mile for train stations, long-distance commuters, university campus, military base, corporate employee transport, and international airport. We are investing to scale up and capture the growing demand for on-demand shared rides solutions.
· Experienced software developer and leader:
· 3+ years in full stack development, including data modeling
· 2+ years in high performance data intensive web applications leveraging scalable platforms
· Mentoring / managing developers
· Specialized knowledge:
Seeking candidates with expertise in four or more of the following:
· Building, consuming, tuning and scaling RESTful web APIs
· Deploying and scaling with cloud services, like Amazon Web Services
· DevOps experience with HA cloud applications requiring 24/7, 99.9%+ availability
· Release automation (e.g. Jenkins), system administration/configuration/debugging experience
· Web scale distributed real-time systems
· Highly responsive, device agnostic web applications
· Open Street Maps or equivalent
· Management and deployment of containerized applications
· Database management with Postgres/MySQL and/or managed database services such as RDS
· Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
Competitive base salary + stock options
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group