Software Developer - Test Automation
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
As Tulip is growing at rocket speed, we need to expand our professional QA and testing organization to support the release activities while maintaining the higher quality standards. The QA team within Tulip is not only focussed on finding defects but works closely with the development and customer-facing teams to prevent defects. They work with the latest technology stack and are encouraged to use tools that will increase their efficiency. Every tester is equipped with a Mac laptop and iPad to test Tulip’s world-class iOS product offerings. Tulip is looking for an Intermediate Software Developer in test to support and contribute to Tulip’s automation efforts for mobile and cloud.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for testing with an attitude to break the application. You are a skilled developer wearing a QA hat with a unusual attention to detail. You not only have a hunger to learn new tools but are not afraid to ask questions or challenge the status quo. You are eager to build their knowledge and career in the fast-paced retail industry.
When you join Tulip, you’ll be part of a fast-growing group of people who come from different backgrounds, countries, and experience. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like craft. We prioritize diversity, inclusion and building a community, and we stay humble and hungry.
What you'll do:
- Support and drive Tulip’s mobile and cloud automation infrastructure by designing and executing automation scripts using various frameworks for web and iOS
- Conduct manual testing (< 20%) for modules not automated
- Build and maintain QA environments for manual and automation
- Meaningfully contribute to test strategies, test automation, performance benchmarking, internationalization testing and threat modeling.
- Support to drive practices to build in quality by leading cultural change across peers, teams, and partners; lead whole team quality ownership resulting in sustainable development and releases of high-quality experiences.
- Guide and support the product integrity through strong partnerships with the Development, Delivery and Customer Success team
What you'll need:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years in the software industry
- Must have been in a technical or automation QA position for at least one year
- Must have experience automating mobile, (especially iOS applications) and Web applications
- Strong knowledge of Objective-C/Swift
- Strong knowledge of API and different automation framework
- Experience writing test automation, test plans, conducting code reviews
- Experience thinking data-centric, evaluating success using key metrics, and the ability to help drive intelligent decisions for product quality through data and observation.
- Familiarity with GitLab, GitHub, Python, Jenkins, REST, ODATA tools a plus