Assembler-12 Month Contract
Please note that this is a 12 month contract role.
You have a thirst for knowledge and want to do things differently. You are committed to the provision of the highest levels of customer satisfaction and have previous experience in precision manufacturing of high volume, high mix consumer products. You are highly organized, a great communicator, and want to continuously drive process and quality improvement.
What you’ll do:
Operate, maintain and troubleshoot processing machinery. Assemble, test, and inspect consumer electronics.
What you need:
- Previous experience with automated sophisticated manufacturing machinery
- Grade 12 diploma
- 3+ years of previous experience in high volume manufacturing
- Great manual dexterity and attention to detail
- Mechanical/Electrical aptitude
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Responsible, team-oriented, and process aware
- Can-do attitude
- Self motivated with an ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to work shift work
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with machine and process troubleshooting and machine to machine communication systems
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting process and equipment problems
- Problem resolution based on root cause analysis and logical thought processes
- Broad/basic knowledge of several related job areas in a medium to high volume manufacturing background
- Technician/Technologist or appropriate work experience
- Solder repair certified for IPC610 standards of electronics assemblies and IPC7710 repair and modification of electronic assemblies
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group