Front End Website Developer
Why join Igloo:
We’re at an unprecedented impasse in the world of work. CEO’s are becoming increasingly concerned about employee engagement, productivity is scattered with the proliferation of apps and tools, and there are major gaps in the demographics and internal culture of businesses worldwide. Igloo addresses these challenges by bringing together people, processes, and information through a portfolio of digital workplace solutions and best of breed services. We’re going to change the way the world works.
Why this role is important:
As an experienced Front End Website Developer, this hands-on role within the Marketing Department maintains and coordinates the marketing efforts of the Igloo corporate website along with campaign microsites belonging to the company.
Involved in every stage of strategy, maintenance, and management, you have a range of experience in web technologies, design, and how to effectively deliver messaging in a digital context. You enjoy both the technical aspects of tech integrations and analytic reporting on visitor traffic patterns. As such, a strong understanding of project management, website development in a Wordpress setting, marketing tactics, and a multi-faceted team-oriented background is essential.
The impact you’ll have:
You have a range of experience in web technologies (Wordpress, CSS, PHP, HTML), design, and how to effectively support front-end website experiences. You see the value in bringing people together to collaborate, share knowledge and do great things together. You enjoy both the technical aspects of tech integrations and enhancements as well as the analytic nature of project management, website maintenance, and cross-functional coordination of highly valued lead-generation assets. You have an interest in using integrated technologies to further improve visitor experience and conversion. This position, having a strong component of project management, requires a successful candidate with strong communication, collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Development: You are experienced in developing highly customized WordPress instances and are comfortable with WYSIWIG interfaces, HTML, CSS, JS, and PHP programming.
- Maintenance: Updating and maintaining the websites’ various environments from a technical standpoint, ensuring that integrated technologies, plugins, and CMS cores are up-to-date and functioning.
- Collaboration: You partner with our Enablement, IT, Demand Generation, Customer Success, and Customer Support teams to provide various, cohesive messaging on our various digital properties.
- Project Management: You maintain and update the content and software update calendars as they pertain to the website properties, ensuring that interested parties are abreast of various activities that are taking place across our digital spaces. You are a hub of communication, ensuring that our website activities are effectively understood by various teams and departments across the company.
- Server Environment Maintenance: You ensure that server environments are up to date and backed up. You will coordinate with IT to ensure that Sandbox (Dev), Staging, and Production (Live) environments are synched and secure. You have an understanding of cloud-based server environments.
What you’ll need:
- 2-5 years of experience in development
- Degree in computer science, web development, or equivalent work experience
- Intimate familiarity with Wordpress is critical
- Familiarity with Visual Composer or WP Bakery considered an asset
- Platform experience in marketing automation an asset, especially in Eloqua
- Expertise in CSS, PHP, and HTML
- Proven understanding of cloud-based web hosting technologies, CDN technologies, tracking scripts, Unbounce and/or landing page experience
What we have to offer:
We offer health benefits, a training budget for every employee, fair-trade coffee and tea, treats every pay day, and an eco-bonus for people who take alternative transportation to work. You choose whether you work on a Mac or PC, and we give our developers stipends to buy whatever hardware makes their work easier.
You own the work you do. Your decisions are yours, and you’re evaluated on results. We pride ourselves on being a collaborative organization where everyone has a voice – there’s no such thing as a bad idea.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Igloo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.