Customer Success Manager
- Kitchener or Toronto
- 36,000-40,000 + Bonus
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support
- Job Type
- Full time
- Salary Estimate
- 40,000 - 59,999
- Company Size
- Startup (1-19)
As a Customer Success Manager, you will act as a trusted advisor and voice of the customer for school boards assigned to you by the Customer Success Director. In your role, you will build a strong partnership with our clients by helping them drive adoption, support proper usage and, ultimately, by ensuring that they realize value from their investment.
To succeed you will need to have a great personality, be organized, and be a great communicator in writing, on the phone, in person, and when using conferencing technology. It will help a lot if you are a fast learner and have an interest in the education sector.
Your success will be evaluated on the growth and retention of the customers in your portfolio but also on your ability to manage clients along the Customer Engagement Framework and to effectively and creatively address situations so that clients get maximal value from our tool.
If you like dealing with customers, enjoy solving multi-stakeholder challenges, and feel passionate about the value of a strong education then this is the place to be. When you join Knowledgehook you become part of a fast-growing company focused on math and supporting teachers as they build the next generation of creators and problem-solvers.
What you should know and have coming into the job
- How to communicate professionally and effectively both in writing and verbally
- How to make and deliver effective presentations
- Demonstrated ability to pick-up and use new technology successfully
- Be able to explain what formative assessment is
- Transportation and able to drive to off-site meetings
- Think critically about complex situations and make sound conclusions
- Background dealing with customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage your time and priorities without supervision.
Any of the following gets bonus marks!
- Change Management Experience
- Sales Experience
- Teaching Experience
- Marketing/Psychology background
- Creativity in solving (human) problems
- Mathematics background
- UI/UX experience
- Understanding of some of the issues around teaching math
- Experience effectively influencing others without formal power relationships (volunteer, sales, organizational change, customer success experience)
What you’ll learn about after we hire you
- How to track school boards along a customer engagement framework
- How our tool works to support teaching and teacher professional development
- The different stakeholders in the education system and what value we provide them
- How to support and train teachers, principals and math consultants to use our tool.
What we will expect from you in the first month
- Learn our tool and update our Knowledgebase articles
- Be able to describe the profiles of Teachers, Principals, Math Consultants and Superintendents of Education in relation to their role in supporting math education and the issues they face.
- Be able to conduct an interactive training session for new teachers on how to use Knowledgehook.
- Understand the framework and measurements we use for Customer Success
- Put key stakeholders into the CRM for each of our board clients and create a plan to introduce yourself to them so you can be the lead contact by December.
- Attend and listen-in on Customer Success meetings with clients
What we will expect from you as time goes on...
- To conduct customer success meetings on your own
- To track customers along Customer Engagement Framework and take necessary actions to move them to the next step.
- To identify interests/issues of clients and find ways to align interests of stakeholders to get desired outcomes.
- Deliver interactive training sessions to all stakeholders who use Knowledgehook
- Prepare and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews
- To identify opportunities to improve outcomes, exceed expectations and delight our customers.
- Ensure that we are regularly in the field observing and talking to our users to represent their voice internally to Knowledgehook.
- Keep a prioritized list of product/system improvements.
- To work with sales to support renewal and growth of existing accounts
On average 30% of the time you will be travelling to meet clients and conduct training sessions across Ontario (mostly SW Ontario). However, depending on the time of year, that amount can change significantly.
Because of our work with and around students, if you are selected for the position you will also have to complete a police vulnerable sector check.