Head of Corporate Innovation Programs
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
The Head of Corporate Innovation Programs will oversee the successful design and delivery of Communitech’s corporate innovation programs working closely with the Head of Thought Leadership & Head of CI R&D. Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, the Head of CI Programs will oversee scaling of existing programs, development of new programs and the team of Facilitators who deliver the programs.
- Program Development: develop new programs to meet customer and market needs. This includes net new programs and enhancements to existing programs. Examples of programs include Innovation Basecamps, Compass sessions, and Executive Coaching. New programs include UI/UX training and a Usability Lab.
- Work to standardize program offerings that will allow for scalability in delivery and provide foundation for future exponential growth.
- Develop and refine the programs profitability model and manage to target margins for overall program offering
- Act as product owner for CI programs and work with Head of Thought Leadership to develop marketing and promote program offering
- Program Delivery: the successful candidate will have the ability to personally deliver any of the offerings, however, delivery will mostly be handled by a team of facilitators that currently includes 4 contract staff and in-house resources. Oversight of program logistics will be required utilizing resources such as the team Corporate Innovation Specialist and 3rd party delivery partners that will be sourced, onboarded and managed.
- Set targets for program quality and consistency with clear customer satisfaction metrics.
- Act as Liaison between CI and Talent to ensure programming is aligned to Communitech Academy offering
- The role also have one direct report, the CI Program Specialist - Startup Engagement
- The role will also include the exploration of 3rd party delivery partners including opportunities in Canada and internationally
- Act as a senior point of contact for select Corporate Innovation partners, working closely with Client Success Managers and the VP CI & Customer Success
- oversee the execution of the semi-annual Innovation tours working closely with the Client Success Managers
- As programs generate a substantial portion of revenue for the team, the Head of Programs will work closely with the BD team to meet revenue targets and identify new business opportunities.
The HR stuff…
- 10+ years of experience in working with corporate and startup environments
- You are a strategic thinker that knows how to navigate corporate senior management and also understands how startup growth works.
- You are calm in a storm, and have the ability to multi-task and organize activities against changing priorities
- You get Corporate Innovation; you also have great communication and interpersonal skills
- You are a people person – able to work with a wide variety of individuals at all levels in an organization
- You’re a problem solver with strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- You’ve got an eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy
- You are compassionate. You really do care about building and maintaining lasting relationships with companies, third parties and a broad range of departments within Communitech
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by July 31.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2L3eWgj
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status