Business Development Specialist (15 month mat leave contract)
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1400 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
• Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
• Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
• Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video! https://www.communitech.ca/corporate-stuff/careers/
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Business Development Specialist will be working closely with the Corporate Innovation team at Communitech and will be responsible for:
- Obtaining sponsorships for specific programs
- Ensuring all deliverables of the sponsored programs are met.
- Managing all sponsorship opportunities for the Pro Squad program including but not limited to client retention, new business, and ensuring program deliverables are met.
- Helping support sponsorship targets through excellent customer relationship abilities, strong sales and communications skills.
- Scheduling follow-up meetings between internal Communitech staff and external Clients.
- Maintaining and expanding the Communitech SalesForce.com data to ensure accuracy of information and reporting.
- Ensuring follow-up by passing engagement opportunities to internal staff with profile information and action plans.
- Following up with new and existing clients to ensure satisfaction with the programs.
- Appropriately communicating Communitech’s brand.
- Other duties as assigned. All duties subject to change.
- 5+ years fundraising, sales or business development experience
- Evidence of success in achieving performance objectives through identifying business opportunities and developing relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
- Stewardship or customer service experience is an asset.
- A strategic thinker
- Seeking someone who is self-motivated, high performing, enthusiastic, passionate and a team player.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in Salesforce an a plus
- Active listener and critical thinker
Please click on the link below to create a Plum Profile, which will help us determine if our company is a fit for you, ensure that you will be happy and fulfilled. Please also upload your resume and cover letter by August 20.
Start Now! http://bit.ly/2Jkit50
We thank all applicants in advance; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications will be kept confidential. Communitech’s hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.