Technical Director - Artificial Intelligence
- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Technical Director - Artificial Intelligence
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for reliability and performance. We enable professional users to collect high quality aerial images and data in demanding applications.
The team at Aeryon Labs is passionate about building solutions that help people do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently – and equally passionate about the people who enable us to be successful. We offer careers that allow you to collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry, exceed your expectations and be at the forefront of a fast-moving, growing industry.
About the Position
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and passionate artificial intelligence expert to lead the build out of our artificial intelligence and machine learning team and feature set. In our quest to make gathering the right data with our aircraft as easy as possible to use, we are looking to build capabilities that will help the pilot in their mission, or even do the mission for the pilot. Having AI capabilities on the drone is key to this. Also, having AI capabilities on our SaaS platform will allow us to sift through large amounts of data automatically showing end users only what matters to them.
As the Technical Director for Artificial Intelligence at Aeryon, you will be responsible for all aspects of Aeryon's AI solutions. You will report to the Director of Software Development and work with Product, Imaging, V&V and the other software teams to get your work done. You will also work with third party companies to see if there are ways to leverage their products to bring our solutions to market as fast as possible.
Your responsibilities as the Technical Director – Artificial Intelligence are to:
- Ensure the required infrastructure to efficiently train neural networks is in place (including data curation, model training and automated testing)
- Understand the drivers and requirements of the business and translate those into technology solutions, serving as a liaison between technical teams, product management and the executive team
- End to end hands-on ownership of machine learning systems deployable across various projects including data pipelines, model generation, and training and inference engines
- Define and develop the software architecture
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You are a seasoned engineer and have a passion for computer vision and machine learning. You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- MS / PhD or Bachelors with equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in AI, Software Development and Deep Learning
- 3+ years’ experience of people leadership
- Knowledge of one or more deep learning frameworks: Caffe, Tensorflow, or Torch. Understanding of convolutional neural networks (CNN)
- Knowledge in machine learning and deep learning libraries such as keras, tensorflow, sklearn, Caffe, OpenCV, TensorRT
- Experience with two or more mathematical libraries and frameworks like Octave, Matlab, OpenCV, and Eigen
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.
More search results
After-Hours Support Representative (Casual/Contra…
Product Prototyper (Coop / Intern)
Engineer (Chemical, Environmental or Biochemical)
W&Y Environmental International Inc.
Oculys Health Informatics
Incident Management Centre Representative
Descartes Systems Group