Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Community Manager is all about connecting our clients to the people and resources they need to support teaching and learning in the 21st century. To do this you will help set strategy, cultivate relationships with community champions, support moderation/facilitation, represent community interests within D2L and identify, develop and run programs. This role will provide a breadth of opportunity- from helping to define strategy for the community to jumping in on customer calls to help identify the root cause. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience and passion to the Brightspace Community.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Actively monitor all community posts and ensure fast engagement by responding to the post yourself, finding a Subject Matter Expert or redirecting them to the right engagement point.
- Cultivate healthy relationships with key members of the community and within D2L by monitoring and active engagement. Use this information to help establish direction for the community and the business.
- Work internally to provide feedback to the business, lobby for support from the business and integrate the community as deeply within D2L as possible.
- Gather data from the community and analyze this data to create insights about future content and activities to contribute to the overall strategic direction of the community.
- Provide leadership across the organization by ensuring tasks/projects align to current and long-term community and business strategy.
- Identify initiatives that help us meet our strategic goals, such as member engagement, growth and content.
- On assigned initiatives, responsible for strategy including defining outcomes, scope, measurement metrics and implementation including project management, delivering program components and working with cross functional teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience developing a community strategy
- Expertise in technical writing/editing
- Advanced experience using analytics technologies such as Google Analytics
- Intermediate experience with project and program management
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, with a strong ability to influence change across teams
- User focused and web design experience an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Community Manager, or similar role, preferably in education or technology
- Experience with community management software or similar technologies
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across broad range of stakeholders
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit