Manager of Accounting (15 Month Contract)
Our Mission is to impact people’s lives by uncovering the truth and empowering others to make a difference. We do this by equipping examiners and investigators with the best digital forensics tools available, so they can accomplish their mission: Fighting crime. Protecting company assets. Guarding national security.
We are proud to be ranked #9 on the 28th annual PROFIT 500, the definitive ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies.
Who are we?
We build software that automates the recovery of digital forensic evidence, helping thousands of forensics professionals around the world find, analyze, and report on the digital evidence from computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Our flagship software, Magnet AXIOM, has revolutionized the work of digital forensics investigators in law enforcement and government agencies, and has been essential in use cases involving child exploitation, murder, terrorism, and more.
How we work:
We are a dynamic team who are passionate about the work we do. We are inspired because our work makes a difference and there is a shared sense of purpose in our culture.
We work in cross functional teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new goals, pushing the boundaries in everything we do to bring world class digital forensics tools to law enforcement, government agencies, and corporations.
What we are looking for:
The Manager of Accounting is responsible for all aspects of the accounting and finance functions at Magnet Forensics. This position is responsible for the management of recurring finance responsibilities including GL management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management and payroll, as well as financial statement preparation and ongoing compliance management. This role is also involved with creating and maintaining the corporate budget and participating in the strategic planning for the organization.
- Oversee the monthly close process including the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with ASPE
- Prepare analysis, calculations, and entries for global transfer pricing transactions on a monthly basis, as well as ensure policy documentation is current and relevant
- Manage the annual financial statement audit, and ensure compliance with all relevant accounting policies and procedures; providing new strategies as required
- Ensure statutory filing obligations for all Magnet Forensics global entities are met including income tax returns and filings, sales and use tax, and withholding and installment payments
- Prepare calculations for quarterly and annual commission/incentive payments
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Business or a related field
- Must possess a CPA designation
- 5+ years’ work experience in a general Finance role
- 5+ years’ experience working a software company
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
- Self- starter attitude
- Strong collaboration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce platforms
Magnet Forensics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is Magnet Forensics policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. Magnet Forensics does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
Magnet Forensics encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Magnet Forensics has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact our AODA contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-342-0195, if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.