Athena Software is a leading global provider of SaaS Case Management and Client Information solutions for diverse health and social service organizations in 15 countries around the world. We are a passionate, customer-centric scale-up based in Waterloo, Ontario entering our 16th year of business on a trajectory to double in size and reach.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join our Waterloo team! If you love developing content for SaaS software products, are highly motivated, and love to work in a collaborative, ambitious and client-centric team environment, this job is for you.
As Technical Writer, you will be responsible for writing assignments relating to new or established products, including developing or updating documentation to support company products, such as end user guides, troubleshooting guides, etc. and our online help resource centre.
You will review, analyze, and interpret technical data; produce on-line content, research, propose and implement improvements to existing documentation approaches and techniques, ensuring continued adherence to copyright and trademark legislation.
You will create and maintain the information architecture for customer-facing online resources and training material:
- Define the breadth of content and audience types
- Define requirements for the information architecture
- Be a key contributor to selecting appropriate applications for producing and maintaining new content based on audience (i.e. written guide, tutorial, online video, webinar, etc.)
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Investigate and roll out new tools for developing and hosting online resources
You will create and maintain feature and instructional documentation/resources that meet applicable standards and that are appropriate for the intended audience:
- Work with the Product and Solutions teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of new product features and assess the documentation requirements
- Assist in the QA of new product features
- Maintain and revise feature and instructional documentation/resources in accordance with new release cycles, branding changes, usability feedback, and ad hoc demands
- Develop and maintain assets (screenshots, diagrams, etc.)
- Maintain records and files of feature documentation and revisions
- Regularly attend and contribute to Bug/Dev, Product Launch, and Release Management meetings
You will serve as a cross functional liaison with Development, Regional, and Operational teams to escalate/resolve customer facing online resources and training material issues:
- Edit, standardize, and make changes to material prepared by other staff
- Create, standardize, and maintain company templates in accordance with the Athena / Penelope brand
- Create, standardize, and maintain writing style guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or equivalent
- 4+ years' experience writing for software products
- Understanding of DITA and minimalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to translate difficult concepts into plain language
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Familiar with standard issue tracking and source control software like JIRA, Git, and Gerrit
- Experience with XML, HTML, and CSS is considered an asset
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply with Resume and Cover Letter to the link provided.
Athena Software provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at 866.806.6014 x312 and/or human.resources [AT] athenasoftware.net.