- Job Function
- Engineering, QA
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Maplesoft™ is a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Maple's powerful mathematics engine allows students to analyze, explore, visualize and solve complex mathematical problems.
The Quality Assurance Team is a key part of the software development process at Maplesoft. We are involved in all stages of development, from initial requirements reviews through to testing and product release.
We are seeking a Software QA Analyst to join our Quality Assurance team. As a member of the team you will be responsible for testing our world-class mathematics software, Maple, our high performance physical modeling and simulation tool, MapleSim, and our new model-based systems engineering tool, MapleMBSE.
In this role, you will establish a thorough understanding of our products and be responsible for the following areas:
- Functional and regression testing on a variety of platforms
- Working with our development teams to establish test strategies for new features
- Recording defects and providing solution-oriented feedback
- Creating and maintaining test cases
- Communicating testing status with Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of Windows, macOS, Linux, operating systems
- Software testing experience in an Agile environment would be an asset
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Experience with automated testing tools and Maplesoft software are an asset.
- SQA Certification would be an asset
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities and a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides a Corporate Concierge Service, a Health & Wellness Program and an Onsite, Fully Equipped Fitness Facility.