- Deloitte Canada
- Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
We are seeking a qualified Technical Lead, Software Development to join our growing team of established corporate entrepreneurs and technologists at the Emerging Technology Hub in the newly opened Deloitte Waterloo Region Office.
The Emerging Technology Hub (ET Hub) is part of Deloitte’s Technology group and will serve clients across Canada and globally. We build innovative large-scale technical solutions for our clients in industries like Banking, Healthcare and Insurance. We also create solutions for clients using emerging technologies like Blockchain, AI/ ML, and IoT.
We are located in Kitchener-Waterloo Region right next to Communitech, one of Canada’s most productive and exciting technology and innovation hubs. You will be working alongside some of the brightest entrepreneurs and innovators in Canada and inside one of the region’s most exciting work environments. The team will consist of product managers, software architects, full stack developers, front-end designers and subject matter experts.
As a Technical Lead, Software Development, you are responsible for the big picture, guiding the development team to build or adapt existing products or prototypes that are differential and that inspire our customers. You will have mentorship responsibilities, working with the team of developers, designers and product managers to build technologically innovative solutions. You will work on enterprise products like Amazon AWS, redhat technologies, openshift, and dockers. With that, you will have the option to work on full technology stack like angular, nodejs, python, APIs development, RESTful services and micro services.
Your day to day responsibilities include agile scrum master. You will work with Product Owners and Product Managers to groom and execute a backlog of software development activities that are prioritized using lean startup principles. You will participate in design thinking lab sessions with Product Owners, startups, and clients.
You will have the opportunity to research and train on emerging technologies and some of the most crucial technology platforms in the market today, sharing back your findings with innovation center teams as a subject matter expert and providing input for future projects. You will also support the presentation of products or platforms developed in client engagements and make contributions to Deloitte’s global technology knowledge base.
You are an entrepreneurially-minded software developer who works collaboratively with stakeholders to create digital solutions that are engaging, inspiring, and differential. You are nimble-minded and naturally curious. You are comfortable juggling responsibilities and pivoting a team based on feedback. You are passionate about your work and the accomplishments of your team. If this sounds like you, read on!
To qualify for this position, you have:
- 5-7 years software development experience, ideally full stack, and software architecture experience in building PaaS and SaaS based products.
- Demonstrated experience in documentation of technical solution designs.
- A passion for mentoring and leading a team of software developers and students. The desire to manage young professionals and students in an agile-scrum environment.
- Experience working on teams that incubated or created new products.
- Confidence to work on problems that may not be well defined from the beginning, leading a team through the discovery process.
- A degree in computer science, engineering, or math program (or equivalent programming academic experience or through work experience).
- Interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude.
- An open mind and a desire to learn from client or stakeholder feedback.
Let us know if you have any of these optional qualifications:
- Experience in healthcare or insurance industries.
- Have agile-scrum training and experience.
- Design thinking, rapid prototyping, or entrepreneurial experience.
- Dev-ops experience.
- QA experience.
- Data science, machine learning, deep learning, or NLP application experience.
- Blockchain programming experience.
- IoT system design or deployment experience.
- A business degree or experience.
- Cloud development and deployment experience.
Highlight your experience in the following technical areas. If we missed something, tell us what we need to know!
- Python, Java, or any OOP programming language
- Web related frameworks (Angular, ReactJS, jQuery, Bootstrap, Foundation, Node.js)
- API Creation and RESTful services
- Redhat technologies, OpenShift and Dockers
- Data processing (OpenRefine, Excel, Pandas) and visualization (Highcharts, Google Charts)
- Database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Algorithm design
- Mobile platforms
- Cloud environments (AWS, Google)
- Knowledge of version control systems