You're a problem solver at heart. Finding innovative solutions to tough challenges excites you. You understand that high-quality products require a high-quality code, and are continually looking for better ways to get the job done. You keep up with the latest evolutions of Android or iOS, and you know how to take advantage of what the platform offers. You thrive in collaborative team environments and enjoy opportunities to contribute your ideas.
What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and develop software for iOS- or Android-based smartphones in Swift and Java
- Work closely with other software and hardware teams to take products from design to release
- Create software that will power the wearable computing system of the future
What you need:
- Strong coding skill in Swift, Java, or Objective-C
- Deep knowledge of the Android and/or iOS SDK and developer tools
- Experience developing user-centric applications for mobile platforms
- Track record of delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment
- An eye for detail and a passion for delivering software that provides a world-class experience to end users
- Proficiency with a VCS (preferably git)
- Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent (in lieu of degree, minimum four years of relevant work experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience working closely with UX designers
- Experience developing complex mobile apps from scratch
- Experience with Bluetooth (Classic and/or Low Energy stacks)
- Experience with concurrency and IPC on Android, Linux, or Unix in a production environment
- Experience designing software for libraries or large, multi-modular systems
- Experience using Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.