- Bonfire Interactive
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
At Bonfire, we bring people together to make decisions with certainty. What does that mean? We’re powering billions of dollars worth of decision making across 200+ customers.
You’ve probably never heard of us before - and that’s okay - but remember when you had the opportunity to see your favourite band at a small venue before they were selling out the ACC? Joining Bonfire now is like getting on the guest list.
We’re a VC-backed, Y-Combinator success story that customers love (99% retention) and we’ve already impacted $12B+ in procurement spending decisions.
Bonfire is an opportunity for you to make an impact and accelerate your career. We’re in a unique position, growing from 40 to over 100 people in the next year. We’re looking for team members who will:
- Make an impact
- Drive results
- Remain humble - no job is too small
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll join one of our 4-6-person dev squads that owns a product area and takes features from story to shipped. All aspects of our development stack are fair game, from architecting schemas to crafting front-end experiences and from designing APIs to rolling out microservices. You'll choose your own adventure, working with your squad to achieve shared goals, helping each other cross the finish line and ensuring everyone gets the opportunities and challenges they want.
You’ll work alongside peers in your squad as well as the other dev squads, reporting to Kris Braun, our Director of Engineering. Squads move through a weekly rhythm of kickoff and retros, with the whole dev team gathering for peer Tech Talks and Team Huddles. Development is backed by our fantastic Product Management team, with Technical Product Managers deeply understanding customer needs and working with developers to deliver more than customers expect.
What You’ll Do
- Solve real-world problems to give our customers superpowers
- Craft front-end web apps, working from mockups to implement rich user experiences
- Design and implement APIs and back-end microservices
- Architect and roll out infrastructure
- Maintain our high bar for quality with automated tests
Who You Are
- Worked on a production web app before
- Ready to take product features from a story to shipped, learning what you need along the way
- Written non-trivial SQL queries
- Contributed to a shared codebase using git pull requests (or something similar)
- Earned your Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering degree or equivalent
- Uniquely you - we're a diverse team that knows great devs come in all genders, ethnicities and backgrounds
- Familiarity with our new stack (React, Node + HapiJS, MySQL) and/or legacy stack (AngularJS, PHP) or other things we use (Python, Go)
- Worked with complex SQL databases
- Familiarity with our DevOps stack (Ansible, AWS, Vagrant)
- Exposure to web security
Join us now and accelerate your career.
Recruiters: Sorry, we only deal with applicants directly!
Bonfire Interactive Ltd. strives to create an accessible and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. aims to create a selection process that’s inclusive and accessible. If you need accommodation during any stage of the process, please contact Talent@GoBonfire.com and we’ll provide reasonable accommodation confidentially. Bonfire Interactive Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for showing an interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.