Installation Management Specialist - System Admin
- NAVBLUE, an Airbus Company
- Job Function
- IT & Systems Admin
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Installation Management Specialist
Position Type: Full Time
Department: Client Services
Location: Waterloo, ON
We have an opening for an Installation Management Specialist to help us realize the full potential of our flight operations software solutions. A member of the Client Services Organization, the Installation Management Specialist provides responsive installation support to customers in planning, configuring, and installing NAVBLUE Solutions.
This position also serves as an escalation point for our Technical Support team, which provides 24/7 technical support to our clients and customers. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to train on the Technical Support team in a 12 hour shift rotation environment until Technical support qualifications are met (approximately six months).
The successful candidate must be passionate about quality and committed to good processes and best practices. You are self motivated, enthusiastic about rolling-up your sleeves to do what is needed to get results, thrive on learning, enjoy collaborating with colleagues to help deliver results yet capable of working effectively with minimal direction, and expect that hard work is required to achieve great things. The ability to effectively solve problems and come up with innovative solutions is essential to being successful in this role.
- Work with the Sale & Account Management team to install and customize solutions for new and existing NAVBLUE customers in both NAVBLUE hosted and on-site customer environments
- Provide input to Project Plans for installation tasks
- Configure, customize, install, and troubleshoot both internal systems and customer specific integrated solutions
- Interface with Software Development and Quality Assurance on reliability and maintenance matters
- Configure and install internal hardware and software components and solutions (Dell and IBM servers with memory, disks, RedHat Linux, Windows Server and Cisco routers)
- Create/Modify custom text-formatted menus and Flight Plan formats for Flight Planning products
- Hardware and software testing (network setup/troubleshooting, faxing, etc)
- Create/Modify user accounts - Dispatch Express, Compass
- Create and maintain scripts, programs, documentation, etc. to assist with installations
- Configuration, installation, and troubleshooting of production servers
- Assisting remote locations with technical tasks
- Installation of scheduled software maintenance releases
- Assist Technical Support Desk and Operations Support including on-call support
- Travel to customer sites (worldwide) to complete installation of servers and software solutions
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or technology (or equivalent), or sufficient equivalent work place experience
- Proactive, confident self starter with effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Must work effectively with others in a team environment
- Service oriented and solution driven with strong organization and problem investigation skills
- Advanced proficiency with operation and support of Linux and MS Windows Operating Systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Linux Core (Kernel, Modules & Dependencies)
- Working knowledge of networking, shell scripting, MySQL, XML, Perl, and Cisco Routers
- Technical understanding of web-based solutions
- Must be able to travel internationally
- Experience in the aviation industry is an asset
- Several years experience configuring and installing end customer solutions is an asset
- Experience as a pilot or within commercial flight operations is a definite asset
How to Apply:
Candidates who are interested in applying are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, highlighting their work experiences and skills via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
NAVBLUE, an Airbus company, welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be available on request for candidates throughout the entire recruitment and selection process
NAVBLUE is the new generation of digital, user-friendly Flight Operations and Air Traffic Management solutions. Powered by Airbus’ pioneer spirit and infused with Navtech’s agility, it combines the best of both worlds.
A leading global provider of flight operations solutions serving more than 400 airlines and aviation service companies across all platforms, NAVBLUE has a proven track record in product innovation. With access to Airbus’ resources and data, NAVBLUE provides its customers with the best solutions based on the best data, fully supporting them in their digital transformation.
NAVBLUE is a fully owned subsidiary of Services by Airbus and is based in Hersham (UK), Cardiff (UK), Toulouse (France) and Waterloo, ON (Canada), with offices around the world.