Technology is reinventing the education marketspace, and at OCAS – we play a vital role in helping shape the landscape. We create new pathways for exploring and applying to Ontario’s public colleges and also deliver dependable technology systems and business services to support our industry partners.
Recently named a Waterloo Area Top Employer for the second year in a row, we’re looking for innovators who can bring their expertise and passion to our growing team. If that sounds like you, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
We are looking for enthusiastic experienced developers to join our team as Full-Stack Developer. If you’re looking to champion your knowledge and skills from backend development to the web client, this is your opportunity.
As Full-Stack Developer at OCAS, you’ll play an important role in developing the technology that helps over 200,000 individuals every year as they take the first step toward a brighter future through college. You’ll gain hands-on exposure across our software technology stack, which uses .NET on the backend, feeding MVC and Angular frontend websites. You’ll participate in our modern DevOps culture as we invest in automation from the beginning with a mature Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline. Our software solutions are hosted in a variety of infrastructures, from private data centres to PaaS containers in the Azure public cloud.
A member of our innovative Technology Solutions team, you’ll work in a collaborative, supportive environment using the latest technologies, and will experience the benefits of joining an established company, such as more stability and a strong work-life balance.
As a member of the OCAS team, you’ll work with remarkable individuals and colleagues who support each other in achieving high performance.
- Full stack development from data access and APIs to Web applications (both server-side and SPA based)
- Design, code and unit test web APIs in C# (restful, WCF)
- Investigate and fix bugs
- Setup and maintain build, packaging and deployment solutions to support Continuous Integration
- Contribute to the reduction of technical debt by modernizing existing software architecture while respecting the availability of critical business systems
- Senior candidates to mentor junior & intermediate developers, championing attention to detail, best practices, and team standards and patterns
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience building end-to-end software solutions
- Proven proficiency developing with the .NET Framework, including Entity Framework, WebAPI(REST), MVC and WCF
- Solid experience with distributed modern source control framework like Git
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Independent, determined, and driven to succeed
Desired experience with:
- .NET Core 2
- Azure Services – Storage / Blob, Data / SQL / Cosmos, Messaging / Hubs / Queues / Topics
- Angular 2+ (we are currently at v6)
- Service Bus architecture (i.e. MassTransit, RabbitMQ, Azure SB)
- Dependency Injection, Mocking
Position reports to: Manager, Technology Solutions
Resumes and cover letters stating qualifications should be submitted to:
CLOSING DATE: August 8, 2018
While we thank all respondents for their interest, only those candidates being invited to interview for this position will be contacted.