Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Program Manager, Sensor Products Group.
The Sensor Products Group develops and sells industry leading image sensors for use in high volume industrial applications. We deploy advanced semiconductor technologies (CMOS, InGaAs, and MEMS) and a global supply chain in order to deliver solutions that beat our competitors in performance, functionality, and cost. We address a wide variety of end-applications in industrial vision including quality inspection (food to semiconductors), medical (advanced diagnostics), and logistics.
We are currently seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to lead product and technology development programs. The successful candidate will lead development teams from product ideation through to production. The role requires a proven ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams in the development of highly technical products.
Reporting to the Director level, your responsibilities will consist of the following:
- Execute critical image sensor development programs by planning, resourcing, and coordinating multi-disciplinary global teams – programs are multi-year and span from product ideation through to new product introduction
- Interact effectively with highly skilled team members in R&D (CMOS, mechanical, electronics), Product Marketing, Manufacturing (process, new product introduction, procurement), Finance, and Sales
- Facilitate effective communication and collaboration between team members
- Manage schedule and budget, and report regularly on progress
- Apply excellent problem solving skills to anticipate (risk management) and clear issues
- Engage with customers – understand the applications and manage developments with customer expectations always top-of-mind
- Balance competing demands at the product definition level (performance, cost, reliability) and at the program level (budget, schedule, risk, quality, re-use)
- Communicate an infectious vision within the team and more broadly across the organization as a whole
Specific technical expertise is not a requirement, however the development teams typically consist of highly skilled technical experts, and the end applications are typically highly technical.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in engineering, physics or computer science
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience from a related industry
- Excellent level of autonomy, creativity and a strong drive to succeed
- Thorough, applied knowledge of project planning and execution
- Strong working knowledge and experience with the development of digital imaging products or semiconductor component products
- MBA with demonstrated business acumen
Please quote file number 5264 and include references with your resume.