Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for an Export/Import Administrator (EXIM).
This position provides support and assistance for the Trade Compliance function at Teledyne DALSA, reporting to the Director, Contracts and Compliance. The EXIM Administrator will perform various export and import compliance activities, and will work closely with the Export and Import Specialists at the Waterloo location. The EXIM Administrator will also interact with other functional areas as required, and with the Teledyne Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) office, in support of the Teledyne DALSA Trade Compliance Program.
This role requires excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills. The EXIM Administrator must take initiative to resolve issues and prevent problems, implement effective processes, and support compliance with applicable rules, policies and procedures. Strong attention to detail and excellent computer skills (Excel, ERP, etc.) are mandatory for this position.
You will provide support and assistance for the Export Specialist and will include:
- Prepare and submit Canadian Export Declarations (CAEDs) and other export documentation;
- Prepare and submit export permit applications, and assist with export permit administration and reporting;
- Denied Party Screening
- Prepare and submit Summary Reporting and other reports to Canadian Government agencies.
You will provide support and assistance for the Import Specialist and will include:
- Review and approve import clearances, including RMAs and Assists, on a timely basis;
- Investigate shipments as required, and ensure that Company records are complete and accurate.
- Download and maintain import documentation, and liaise with Customs Brokers as required;
- Conduct post-entry review to ensure accurate reporting of import entries.
Other tasks will include the following:
- Manage the Trade Compliance Request Desk, and follow up to ensure that requests are completed on a timely basis;
- Perform accurate record-keeping of all export and import documentation in accordance with applicable requirements;
- Collect and collate information to respond to requests from the CITC office and others;
- Assist with periodic audits and self-assessments, and with the implementation of corrective actions;
- Respond to inquiries from employees, the other Teledyne DALSA offices as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, ideally in the trade compliance or business fields
- Achieved or working towards a professional designation, such as the Certified Customs Specialist Program offered by The Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
- 2-3 years related export and/or import work experience, including knowledge and understanding of Canadian export controls, HS Codes, Free Trade Agreements, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to work collaboratively with a team
- Eligible for clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Please quote file number DDIEI0518 and include references with your resume.