Our Company is built on employee mutual commitment and respect, enthusiasm and progress.
Teledyne DALSA is a subsidiary of Teledyne Technologies Inc., a U.S. publicly listed enterprise, and specializes in the manufacture, design, research and development of high performance CMOS and CCD image sensors and modular expandable cameras. Teledyne DALSA's products are used worldwide in machine vision, document scanning, image capture, surveillance, process monitoring, manufacturing inspection, medical imaging, and multi media.
As part of our continuing growth in this high technology market, Teledyne DALSA is recruiting for a Product Engineering Specialist.
In this position within the Waterloo X-Ray Operations team, the Product Engineer will be responsible for maximizing production yield over the course of a product life cycle for X-ray medical and NDT products.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring the manufacturing production yield;
- Triage data to pareto yield, identifying high hitters and opportunities for improvement;
- Performing failure analysis, root cause investigations and implement improvements/solutions;
- Participate in developing a yield roadmap and production strategies;
- Participate in defining test requirements for pre-production test and evaluation units;
- Create and present reports and recommendations to the management team;
- Review qualification plans and results with product development and product engineers both in Waterloo and in Eindhoven.
- Provide design teams with design for manufacturing, design for assembly and design for test feedback (DFx);
- Support production as a technical liaison to product development and product engineering teams in Eindhoven;
- Performs all tasks in accordance with established Safe Work Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Systems; and
- Engineering analysis of materials and methods, leading to recommendations for optimized cost, quality & manufacturability
- Research into alternate materials, suppliers, and new technologies
- Product launch support, including product enhancement, process design and optimization, and advanced planning documentation
- Coordination of prototype tooling builds and sample production
- P.Eng designation
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Six Sigma Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven experience working within a large multidisciplinary team and excellent communication skills are required
- Working experience with Minitab statistical software is an asset
Please quote file number DDIPE0418 and include references with your resume.