- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Software & Systems Test Engineer
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team.
Aeryon sUAS set the standard for immediate aerial intelligence gathering. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire a Software & Systems Test Engineer to join our Engineering team. You will join our existing team of Test Engineers who put our products through real world customer experiences every day. Success for this position entails building detailed, complex real-world flight scenarios and finding the difficult, obscure conditions, which create problems for our customers. This means a full understanding of engineering design (especially in software) is required, with a combination of creativity and high attention to detail to thoroughly test our complex systems. This position is deeply embedded within our engineering team and works on a daily basis to champion safety, quality and reliability.
As a Software & Systems Test Engineer, you will:
- Design real world test scenarios into repeatable and scalable test plans
- Verify and validate that software and hardware integration solutions meet or exceed quality specifications
- Be incredible at capturing failure points in detail which enable and facilitate efficient resolutions
- Experience a breadth of technology across software and hardware
- Learn and push the ability of our products, and your skills, with safety and attention to detail
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You take enormous pride in the customer experience and finding issues before our customers. You can work with strong technical team members to challenge each other and have fun.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Software, Computer, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mechanical) or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience testing software is a must. Testing systems and hardware integration experience is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of testing methodologies and test design principles
- Strong understanding of engineering design and product development life cycles
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional product
- Valid G-class License to drive company vehicle to testing site
- Enjoy being outdoors in all seasons (this role will involve testing outdoors regularly)
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.