Customer Support Specialist
- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Customer Support Specialist
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will report to the Director, Customer Support and Training. The role is the first point of contact for all Aeryon Labs customer inquiries. The role involves handling incoming calls from customers, responding to questions, prioritizing issues, and ultimately resolving them. In addition, this role requires skills in case management, problem resolution, and the delivery of a positive customer experience.
For lengthy or complex questions, the Customer Support Specialist must research the information and follow up with the customer as required. Research can involve a number of resources, including use of internal websites, reviewing documents, or requesting assistance from other departments, such as Production, Engineering, Sales or Marketing. The Customer Support Specialist will perform these duties in a team environment.
You are passionate and energized when speaking with customers, engaging with them to resolve their concern completely. Your detailed approach to obtain the necessary information from customers allows you to easily document their concerns and provide both the client and Engineering with either detailed answers or requirements. You always strive to learn more, but engage with subject matter experts to obtain the necessary details you need to help your customers. You are motivated by working with like-minded people and thrive on being part of a cohesive team.
As a member of the Customer Support team, you will:
- Provide and manage customer communication through customer phone calls and emails
- Perform flight testing for new product development, product knowledge, and currency requirements
- Review, manage, and document customer support issues in a team environment
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Product Management on software functions, features and performance
- Assist in the evaluation and development of customer training materials, support documents and product notices
- Report on customer status and coordinate activities between groups to achieve customer satisfaction
- Regularly review new software and hardware features for support and training content
- Work with In-Market Engineering teams to evaluate common support cases for additions or improvements
- Ability to work in a once-a-month, Monday to Friday on-call rotation, answering critical client inquires after normal business hours is required
- Have the ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Other tasks as assigned
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years in a customer-facing technical support role
- Proven ability to diagnose complex problems involving Operating System, Networking, and Mechanical aspects of a mixed platform
- Proven troubleshooting skills along with outstanding communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask workload
- Proven writing and active-listening skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to a continually evolving software and hardware platform
- Solution and results oriented under pressure, with creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong execution ability, with an energetic team player attitude, and an ability to drive and manage change
- Experience with a multinational organization
- Valid Drivers Licence
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.