Front End Developer
- Job Function
- Design & UX, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
About the job:
We are looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to join our well-established development team based out of our Waterloo office. This position will report directly to the Front-End Development Manager.
You consider yourself an artist, marrying the technical and graphical elements of highly dynamic websites into clean, efficient and reusable code. You thrive in an environment that keeps you on your toes, encouraging you to explore and grow. You're a natural-born problem solver, love a challenge and know the importance of being a life-long learner. You are confident in your ability to produce outstanding UI and cutting-edge design and are comfortable communicating these complex concepts to clients and team members. You are at your best when you are part of something; a team, a strategy, a product and are itching to be a part of this one!
What you'll do:
- Front-end coding working directly with the technical and graphical aspects of highly dynamic websites (pages with dynamic data)
- Maintenance and updating of existing websites
- Using software tools, code and design websites that meet the needs of the client
- Collaborate with an agile team of designers and back-end developers to plan, build and improve the user experience of a variety of websites including ecommerce, marketing, not-for-profit and other internal and external sites
- Participate in the full development life cycle including functional specs, work estimates, design, development, cross-browser testing, bug resolution and deployment
- Create responsive websites with a focus on performance
- Study the project requirements and make decisions based on the best technologies for the job, learning how to get it done if needed
- Take UI design and front-end coding guidelines and directives from senior staff
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, Gulp skills
- Must have the ability to create clean, efficient and reusable code
- Must have a keen eye for design and exceptional attention to detail
- Must be results driven, proactive and a team player
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Understanding of UX, UI development, cutting edge design such as responsive design, platform selection (mobile, desktop) and technology deployment options
- Proven problem solving skills and an eagerness to learn
- Self-starter who works well under pressure and to tight timelines
- We won't complain if you are also comfortable interacting, presenting and explaining complex concepts to clients and team members.
eSolutionsGroup helps public sector clients across North America better connect with their communities and deliver services more efficiently through modular web design, integrated applications, and advanced mobile applications.
18 years in business. 300+ clients. More than 75 marketing and technology awards achieved in partnership with our clients over the past 24 months. It all adds up.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work/life balance contributes to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.