Technical Support Analyst
- Job Function
- Customer Service and Technical Support, Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Technical Support Analyst
Maplesoft™ is a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Maple's powerful mathematics engine allows students to analyze, explore, visualize and solve complex mathematical problems.
We are seeking a customer-service oriented, highly organized, and motivated individual to join the Technical Support Team in our Customer Success Department.
As a key member of the team, you will be the primary interface between the company and our external customers, answering a wide range of technical and mathematical questions relating to all of our products, notably Maple and MapleSim.
If you are passionate about our products, and interested in your launching career at Maplesoft as a Technical Support Analyst, we would love to hear from you!
As a Technical Support Analyst, you will establish a thorough understanding of our products (e.g. development, functionality, modelling, programming, and troubleshooting), help develop and maintain our knowledge centre, and work closely with all key areas within Maplesoft (such as Development, Marketing, Product Management, and Sales) to provide superior service to our customers. Your initiative and ability to be an independent worker who takes ownership for customer technical issues with timely responses is critical to the success of the Technical Support Team, the Customer Success Department, and Maplesoft.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Science, or Engineering.
- Strong mathematical ability, and preferably engineering and/or science experience as well.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Deftness in written and oral communication.
- Good organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Customer-service experience and ability to work in a team.
- General computer knowledge, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems.
Other Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Maple and MapleSim is considered an asset.
- Teaching or tutoring experience would also be considered an asset.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!