- Please include salary expectations with letter.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Position: Network/System Engineer, Waterloo, Ontario
We are currently recruiting for a Network/System Engineer for our Waterloo, Ontario location.
Netsweeper is a worldwide organization specializing in Content Filtering Software Solutions. We hold the industry’s most advanced proprietary global filtering system for ISPs, Telcos, governments, schools, and corporations and our customers are located around the world and in every industry vertical. Netsweeper’s purpose is to protect people from inappropriate content that permeates the Internet and Web pages; our technology provides customers with the ability to choose available and allowable URLs, IMs and file transfers. Our filtering software and solutions continuously evolve and offer the most protected and managed Internet experience currently available.
As a member of the System Engineering Group at Netsweeper, you will make use of your extensive systems design and networking experience to plan, design, deploy, and validate Netsweeper product deployments in a variety of business types. You will be responsible for gathering customer requirements, designing solutions that meet the requirements, and planning and executing the deployment of the solution that you designed.
System Engineering Group members are expected to possess strong networking experience to enable the design of the Netsweeper product, which is heavily dependent on network prerequisites. This requires exceptional communication skills, the ability to talk to stakeholders at multiple levels, systems analysis skills, project management familiarity, and an independent drive to gain knowledge and become a Netsweeper product expert. Therefore, there is a preference for those with 2 - 5+ years related experience for this role.
You have a strong interest in using technology to solve specific problems and enjoy seeing something that you and your team deliver exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing Netsweeper solutions for unique customer requirements.
- Planning for solution scalability, redundancy, and resiliency.
- Ensuring design meets customer requirements.
System Integration / Deployment
- Hand’s-on deployment of Netsweeper solutions at customer premise.
- Planning deployment effort to ensure smooth deliver.
- Collaboration with customer technical teams.
Pre-sales / Sales Support
- Visiting customer sites with Netsweeper business development team.
- Advocating Netsweeper technology to facilitate market proliferation.
- Being the Netsweeper subject matter expert in the region.
Customer Visits / Travel
- Troubleshooting issues that arise during the delivery phase.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer to Netsweeper customers.
- Maintaining a healthy relationship between Netsweeper and our customers.
- Hand’s on Linux experience, ideally in RedHat and/or CentOS.
- Hand’s on experience with common network equipment, ideally Cisco, Juniper.
- Hand’s on experience with common scripting languages such as Shell Scripts, PHP, Perl, etc.
- Hand’s on experience performing root causes analysis in software and networks.
- Hand’s on experience designing and deployment proxy-based network solutions.
- Direct involvement in the design and implementation of large, scalable network systems.
- Direct involvement in solution delivery, pre-sale, post-sales, both.
- Large scale IP based networks and associated protocols (MPLS, BGP, ICAP, OSPF, etc.)
- Telecom service provider networks (routing, OSS/BSS, AAA, LDAP, Radius)
- Networking (IP, Routing, Switching, Bridging, TAP, Active Directory, Security, Proxies)
- Network scalability, redundancy, resiliency, mission critical systems.
- Systems analysis and design.
- Root cause analysis.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Self-starting and motivated
- Ability to flex hours as needed
- Strong time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Adept at team work and problem-solving
What We Offer:
- Health and Dental benefits
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Financial assistance for job-related PD (annually)
- Opportunity to work with talented colleagues
- Snacks & coffee to keep you alert and motivated
- Flexibility within one’s work schedule to assist with work-life balance challenges
- Team activities and events
- Casual, comfortable office environment in which to work
- Free on-site parking as well as convenient access to public transport
If you are looking for an opportunity to learn new skills and join a progressive, leading edge company, apply today with your Cover Letter and Resume. Please include "Network/System Engineer, Waterloo " in the subject line.
Netsweeper is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Netsweeper offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require additional accommodation.