Intermediate C# Developer
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Manager, Development – Individual Life and Savings & Retirement
Are you passionate about digging in to design solutions to meet business needs? We are looking for someone who brings new ideas forward and inspires others while rolling up their sleeves to help in every aspect of project delivery. Individual Life and S&R Systems covers a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery for applications supporting the Individual Life and Savings & Retirement lines of business. Your activities will include designing, developing, documenting, testing and implementing changes to our core systems while working closely with business partners, business analysts and IT staff.
What you’ll do:
- Design and program high-performance, scalable applications and database solutions
- Work closely with Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance staff
- Analyze production system problems and recommend workable solutions
- Investigate and solve production problems with minimal to no guidance
- Make recommendations when new technologies should be used
What you’ll need:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- A strong technical background with at least 2-5 years of experience in:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.5 using C# and/or VB.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
- A working knowledge of XML and related technologies like XSD, SOAP, and WSDL
- A working knowledge of file security, SQL security, and windows authentication
- Strong analytical problem solving skills mixed with a whole lot of common sense and practicality
- Team orientation and talent for interpersonal bridge building
- Ability to think boldly, but act measuredly
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with SSIS and/or DTS
- Experience with Microsoft COM/DCOM using VB6 and VBA
- Experience working with SunGard EIM (Fasat) or similar commissions applications
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Hands on experience with automation test tools
- General knowledge of International Financial reporting Standards (IFRS)
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.