Senior Project Manager
At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports To: AVP, Group IT
Department: Information Technology (IT)
If you enjoy the thrill of great project implementations, the satisfaction of solving business problems, being part of a small team and have a reputation for being the kind of PM who can get things done, we have a role for you!
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager (PM) within IT to support the Group line of business. You’ll ultimately be accountable for leading Agile project teams through solution design and estimation, project planning, building, validating and the final delivery of the solution to the business area. Along the way you will monitor time, cost and scope using your experience and metrics to keep management informed of progress.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all phases of projects, including initiation, planning, execution, implementation, and post-implementation activities.
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, and resource plans in collaboration with all project stakeholders.
- Manage project scope and risks. Investigate and make recommendations on issues that challenge scope boundaries.
- Monitor and report on project progress highlighting critical issues for management, and, as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Provide clear direction and motivation to project team.
What You’ll Need:
- Eight (8) or more years managing software development projects
- Hold a designation in your field of expertise e.g. PMP
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall project management practices
- An excellent multi-tasker, able to balance multiple projects effectively
- You’re a strong, analytical problem solver that incorporates common sense and practicality.
- An influencing ability, able to communicate complex topics to non-technical and management resources
- A relentless drive to deliver the right solution to the business problem
- Team, team, team – you are all about the team
- You’re as comfortable leading the charge as digging in and doing the work.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process.