At Equitable Life of Canada, we realize that your work life is not just about performing a job; it's about being part of a workplace that helps you grow and reach your full potential. Within our friendly and collaborative work environment, we recognize that the key to our growth and success is a dedicated, motivated and customer-responsive staff. Join Equitable Life today.
Reports to: Assistant Vice-President, Corporate Services IT
Department: Corporate IT
Are you a passionate leader that gets excited about automation and innovation? Do you enjoy coaching your team and watching them grow? This is an exciting and dynamic position responsible for establishing our Robotic Process Automation Centre of Expertise. This position manages a team of professionals comprised of process analysts, developers/controllers and external consultants who maintain, develop, configure, and support RPA initiatives. We are looking for someone who is passionate about how technology drives business and understands how continuous improvement can help our technology succeed today and into the future.
What you’ll do:
- Coach, mentor, and build a cohesive team to provide exceptional service
- Learn our business processes, and embrace new technology in order to establish a Centre of Expertise
- Engage with our organization’s leaders to identify, prioritize and deliver automation of business processes
- Develop and own the Automation Delivery Framework that underpins the rapid and repeatable delivery of process automation
- Oversee the ongoing scheduling, monitoring and evolution of automated processes to increase benefit to the business
- Understand system and business change cycles to ensure automated processes are proactively amended as needed
- Motivate the team and take an active role in problem solving
- Embrace challenges including changing priorities, requirements, timelines and technologies
- Plan, coordinate, and lead technology projects through from beginning to end
- Champion continuous improvement through optimizing processes and thinking logically
What you’ll need:
- Experience leading IT teams
- Minimum 5 years of application development, integration or support experience in multiple applications
- Experience with process re-design and process mapping
- A talent for optimizing processes and thinking logically
- Ability to translate business needs into solution design
- Previous participation in cross functional team projects
- Exposure to delivering in both Agile and Waterfall methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – can articulate complicated ideas in a clear and friendly manner
- Team-oriented and skilled in fostering a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal and partnership building skills with the ability to engage a variety of individuals
- Proven skills at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Strong organizational skills and a love for the details
- The ability to think boldly, but act measuredly
Please note: This position may require overtime, on-call support and flexibility in work shifts.
To learn more about Equitable Life, we encourage you to explore our organization.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our job postings in an alternative format or require an accommodation with the application process