You thrive in a fast- paced environment and you take pride in your mission of keeping all incoming and outgoing courier shipments to date and highly organized. As the Shipper/Receiver, you will play a key role in ensuring our day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently at our Waterloo manufacturing facility. You’re skilled at balancing priorities to meet multiple demands.
- Within 15 days,
- Develop an understanding of the current systems in use at Thalmic – Netsuite ERP and Thalmic Information Management Systems (TIMs)
- Gain an understanding of product complexity including current BOM
- Count and sort incoming packages to verify receipt against courier bills and suppliers’ packing slips, and conduct visual inspections for damage
- Within 30 days,
- Complete the receiving and shipping of incoming and outgoing courier shipments
- Prepare documents, such as bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials
- Order and store shipping supplies to maintain stock inventory
- Adhere to shipping and receiving policies/procedures and regulatory compliance procedures
- Maintain shipping and receiving area
- Store and retrieve inventory to accurately kit materials to fulfill work orders in a timely manner
- Within 60 days,
- Pack, sea, and label outbound goods, verify quantities and conduct visual inspection, including special packaging requirements for exports. Prioritize delivery of shipments and arrange delivery appointments
- Operate fork truck and other handling equipment to transport received materials to various locations in the plant
- Follow up with carriers/vendors regarding missing deliveries
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures. Ensure that proper PPE including gloves is used during the handling, packaging and unpackaging of products inbound and outbound where the safety of the employee may be detrimental
What You Need:
- A grade 12 diploma specializing in technology or equivalent
- 3+ years of shipping/receiving and/or warehouse procedures in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Standing for a long period of time on a daily basis
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, when required, to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to make decisions on your own
- Familiarity with customs paperwork
- Experience with Netsuite or a similar ERP system
- Experience with Arena or similar PLM system
- Experience with FEDEX Ship Manager
- Experience with Canada Post EST shipping system
- Experience with CBSA Canadian Automated Export Declaration system
- A valid Forklift License and/or experience using a Reach truck
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.