Data Science Co-op
CARPROOF is looking for a dynamic and motivated Data Science Co-op. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring data scientist to work on exciting projects and get hands-on experience with the latest data science and machine learning tools and techniques.
Do you like cake and bananas? The CARPROOF kitchen is always stocked with fresh, organic fruit, not to mention a wide range of coffee options. We offer social events like pub nights and disc golf, and wellness initiatives like in-house yoga and massage! We also have RRSP matching and an amazing benefits program so you won’t have to worry about things like vision, dental, physiotherapy etc. On top of all that, we invest in the future of our employees – we have a comprehensive leadership training program and each team member has their own professional development budget so they can continually build their skillsets. Plus, we support our community by participating in group volunteer opportunities and donating to the causes that matter to our team. So why work at CARPROOF? Because life’s too short not to work somewhere awesome.
CARPROOF is a growing, fast-moving environment – data is the foundation of who we are and what we do. The Data Science Co-op will work with the data science, development and product teams to create innovative and exciting new products and services in our Advanced Analytics Garage. The successful candidate should have a quantitative background that is strong in software development, and a keen interest in building data science products.
The CARPROOF Advanced Analytics Garage has a mandate to use advanced analytical techniques to build innovative products and solutions for the automotive industry. Working closely with the product management teams in our London head office and Communitech in Kitchener-Waterloo, the Advanced Analytics Garage is where start-up meets enterprise, and thought leadership and data science come to life inside CARPROOF’s products and services.
What will you do?
- Design and develop data science products and solutions for the automotive industry
- Develop and productionize machine learning models for new and existing products using Python, Spark, H2O and other data science tools
- Design and develop data processing pipelines
- Think outside of the box
- Currently enrolled in, or graduating from, a degree program at a recognized post-secondary institution
- Majoring in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, Data Analytics or a related field
- Strong statistical/analytic skills
- Working experience with R, Python, Spark, Scala or other programming languages
- Prior experience with API development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
Nice to haves
- Exposure to Apache Spark, Hadoop, and AWS or Azure technologies
- Experience with big data processing tools like Spark
- GitHub functionality and workflow experience/exposure
CARPROOF’s core values are: Be the solution, embrace change, commit and deliver, and powered by passion. The successful candidate will share these values.
Compensation includes base salary commensurate with experience, performance bonuses, health/dental benefits and an optional RRSP matching program.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARPROOF is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process please advise in your cover letter.