About the Backend Developer Role
We're making it ridiculously simple to hire local service professionals - and we're helping people do this from anywhere. Development at Bidvine means solving the complex interaction of bringing together consumers and professionals of local services through a frictionless, purposeful, and delightful experience. The best Software Engineer for Bidvine at this point is someone who can collaborate closely and wear many hats — plan, build, test, ship.
What You'll Do
- Drive engineering projects to completion, with a focus on the metrics that matter of those projects.
- Prioritize tasks and resources to deliver goals.
- Exude a contagious sense of urgency.
- Execute new ideas quickly and effectively while also being a resource to other team members, teams and engineers.
- Innovate where necessary, with a persistent focus on building solutions.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Feel good knowing that we are solving real challenges and build a product that fundamentally changes how people engage with their local community.
What You Must-Have
- Curiosity & smarts
- You’re fluent in at least one major programming language and would be able to switch between multiple languages. In our stack, we mainly use Ember and Node, with Objective-C, Swift, and Java for our mobile apps.
- You have solid experience building software on top of relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL.
- You know what it means to write high quality, maintainable, testable code.
- 3+ years of experience developing web apps
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience building consumer-facing applications
- A real passion for building products that delight
- A self-starter
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What It'd Be Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Angular, React, Knockout, or other front-end frameworks.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Experience with designing for responsive and/or mobile experiences.
- Experience working on a marketplace or social networking product.
- You’re data-driven.
- You have a passion for maintaining high-quality software.
- Strong eye for beautiful design and user experience.