Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team.
Aeryon sUAS set the standard for immediate aerial intelligence gathering. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire an experienced Control Systems Engineer to work on the next generation of sensing, estimation, and control systems. Our UAVs are best in class in terms of the environments they are capable of flying in, and the range and battery life they have. This is thanks to our best in class control software. We will continue to be leaders in this space. We want an engineer who has a proven track record of successful development of automatic navigation and control systems.
As a Control Systems Engineer, you have deep experience developing control systems using data from a variety of sensors: IMUs, GPS, pressure, sonar, lidar, cameras, etc. You have a good understanding how these sensors work - so you are aware of the errors the sensors have, how they need to be calibrated and their limitations. You have experience testing your control system in simulations and in the real world and understand how things change when going from simulation to real world.
As a Control Systems Engineer you will:
- Work closely with mechanical and hardware teams, and your control system engineer colleagues to design, analyze and implement control systems for UAVs that meet various high-level performance goals
- Develop ways to test and tune the software in a repeatable and automatable way
- Debug system level problems that may or may not be rooted in the control software
- Be known for the ability to design with discipline, elegance and efficiency
- Have the ability to create complete packages, which include test procedures, performance metrics and automatable capabilities
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You are a seasoned engineer and have a passion for autonomous aerial vehicles. You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- MS / PhD in Controls Engineering (or similar) or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years’ experience in implementing and tuning controllers in simulation and in real systems
- 5+ years’ experience with C / C++, FreeRTOS, and Linux
- Experience in system modelling using tools such as state space models, frequency domain analysis, or time domain analysis
- Experience with state estimation using physical systems and hardware sensors
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers at aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.