At Sonova, our vision is straightforward. We foster a world in which there is a solution to every hearing loss and all people equally enjoy the delight of hearing. We are not just a company that makes products: we are a team on a mission to help people enjoy the delight of hearing. To enable a life without limitations, we – through our core brands Phonak, Unitron, Hansaton, Advanced Bionics and AudioNova – develop, design, manufacture and distribute solutions that push the limits of technology and redefine the future of our industry. Collectively, we aim to be the most respected hearing care company in the world.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with one of our innovative brands including Unitron headquartered right here in Kitchener, with individuals who share deep commitment to help improve the lives of people with hearing loss. Join our mission and become part of our amazing team!
In this role, you will be responsible for product management of an exciting new opportunity, in the hearing health care product line, including planning, organizing and controlling from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit, marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives.
- Establishes brand/product strategies, including development, implementation and evaluation of marketing plans.
- Analyzes and evaluates product/brand sales and profitability to plan. Reports to senior management on a regular bases, reports areas of concern; develops and implements corrective action plans.
- Defines the priorities within new product development. Works closely with R&D, regional market contacts, Audiology team, Product Marketing and Corporate Marketing for appropriate input. Approves project plans and provides product design input into and throughout the NPD process.
- Manages product life cycle, from development to launch to product discontinuance. Evaluates product success, engineering changes, profitability, market penetration; recommends and approves components as required. Develops and implements required corrective action plans, including recommendations for product improvements and/or deletions.
- Analyzes and evaluates new product GTM strategies, works closely with the new business development manager.
- Coordinates product launch activities including product/sales training for sales personnel, customer service and customers, approving support materials, pricing, packaging, etc.
- Acts as the global market contact for subsidiaries and international sales. Is able to represent the product in local launch events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree in Marketing, Business or other related discipline. In the absence of an academic degree, must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in a relevant field.
(Like consumer electronics)
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and creative.
- Previous sales and/or marketing experience an asset.
- Good understanding of consumer goods and new distribution channels, affinity with the hearing health industry.
Sonova is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director, Human Resources.
Sonova's hiring practices are aligned with human rights laws, which guarantee every person, equal treatment in regard to employment and opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, creed/religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, mental or physical disability.