Computer Vision Developer
- Aeryon Labs Inc.
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Aeryon Labs is the global leader in high performance small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) that set the standard for technical innovation, reliability, and performance. Our teams are passionate about solving problems, which help our customers do difficult and (often) dangerous tasks – safely and efficiently. We are equally passionate about the people who make this happen. Our team. We offer careers that allow you to exceed your potential and collaborate with some of the most creative minds in the industry.
About the Position
We are looking to hire an experienced developer to work on cutting edge computer vision algorithms and capabilities for our UAVs. Aeryon Labs' SkyRanger systems are best in class in terms of ease of use and reliability. We want to continue to build on that advantage by using Computer Vision technology to develop features that make the pilot's job easier. Easier to fly the system, and easier to capture the right pictures and video for the mission. We recently launched the R80. The R80 includes Nvidia's powerful TX2 processor as well as four (4) built in cameras and support for two (2) imaging payloads. This platform provides the raw processing power and imaging capabilities for us to be able to meet these goals. As a Computer Vision Developer, you will be developing the algorithms and technologies that make full use of the platforms capabilities to provide features that will delight the pilot. To do this, you will work closely with the embedded, controls, and application software teams, as well as with product, V&V and hardware teams. You will also be able to influence future direction of the UAV platform.
As a Computer Vision Developer, you require solid expertise in the following areas:
**We are currently recruiting for MULTIPLES of this exciting role, to build up the AI team for all skill levels of Junior, Intermediate and Senior!**
- Structure from motion, camera calibration, feature detection, image stabilization, real time 3D localization, state estimation, sensor fusion, SLAM, visual/inertial servoing, and visual odometry
- Path planning, collision detection, and object avoidance
As part of the Artifical Intelligence and Computer Vision team you will:
- Research and develop computer vision algorithms, such as ego-motion, working closely with the position, navigation, and control engineers to ensure the output of your algorithms feed into the system as expected
- Develop ways to test and tune the software in a repeatable and automatable way
- Specify requirements for cameras and placement of these cameras on the UAV to maximize their usefulness – and work with mechanical and hardware engineering on any trade-offs
- Create complete work packages, which include the feature itself, test procedures, performance metrics, and automatable capabilities
You want to work for a technology company that is innovative and growing. You are motivated by solving problems and making sure the solution works for all stakeholders. You want to work with like-minded people and enjoy being part of the team. You are a seasoned engineer and have a passion for computer vision and computer learning. You want to be in an environment where continuous learning is not only encouraged – but also expected. You are passionate about quality – but more importantly the customer experience and ensuring this is the best it can be.
What You Bring
- MS / PhD specializing in Computer Vision or Bachelors with equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience designing, implementing and tuning computer vision algorithms
- Experience with two or more of the following: C, C++, Python
- Experience with at least one of the accelerated computing languages: CUDA, OpenCL, and OpenGL
- Experience with two or more mathematical libraries and frameworks like Octave, Matlab, OpenCV, and Eigen
Aeryon Labs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender identity, gender expression, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
Aeryon is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process.
If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process please email careers @aeryon.com or call (519) 489-6726.