At Alert Labs, we are passionate about saving natural resources, protecting our customers' properties from water damage, and improving the operational efficiencies of cities, school boards, restaurants, and insurance companies.
Alert Labs is innovating in the IoT (Internet of Things) space. We build affordable, simple to deploy and reliable sensor networks targeted at protecting our customers' homes and properties. We bring the benefits of IoT to customers of all technical levels.
We are passionate about what we do and are driven to create great solutions. We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you to maintain a health work/life balance without sacrificing your personal life or delivering ordinary products. We believe that innovation comes from every member of the team and that the best designs combine technical skills with creativity to achieve great results. We provide an open environment that will allow your job to grow with you.
The successful candidate will be someone who has a wide range of technical skills and is willing to dig in to get the job done. This role will become the manufacturing technical expert in relation to product, process, tools and equipment in support of manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will take a pro-active approach to supporting manufacturing, NPI activities (including building prototypes), product quality, process uptime and driving continuous improvement through the implementation of new or improved processes, tools (including software tools), training & equipment. The successful candidate will have hands on technical experience in multiple manufacturing departments with demonstrated ability to conceive and complete technical tasks and projects that lead to measurable results.
Your Responsibilites Include:
- create and support ongoing MFG process improvement - tools, process, training, etc.
- support quality control improvement initiatives - incoming QA, process and test dev to support gaps in current process
- debug and repair the manufacturing line
- MFG line layouts, cycle time measurements/planning
- ownership of manufacturing documentation
- issue resolution - emergency support of MFG process, tools, and equipment
- training of assemblers
- support prototype builds and all MFG NPI activities
- building/assembling product as required
- post-secondary education, with a technical focus
- electronic manufacturing experience, ideally in a high-volume environment
- good mechanical knowledge and experience - product assembly, tooling, and MFG equipment
- strong electronics product debug and repair skills including advanced solder skills
- excellent initiative and able to work independently
- excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively across multiple functional groups