Cloud Automation Engineer
- Job Function
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Cloud Automation Engineer
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Why you’ll love to work here:
- Join a startup that’s not a startup – Want to be part of a small and tightknit team in a casual, fun environment? Want to be challenged and see how your work advances the product and helps customers? Don’t want to worry about if anyone actually wants the product or if the next round of funding is going to cover your paycheck? We’ve got a kick-ass product, team and are rapidly growing organically with 100+ Fortune 1000 customers.
- Cool products, great tech – Payments is transforming, and we are at the center of it – how we buy online, digital wallets, and alternative payments. We build cloud-based solutions to help our customers be at the forefront of e-payments with easy integration and total security.
- Love where you work – We’re in the heart of Kitchener in a modern, open space. Sit or stand at your desk, and work with the newest hardware. Have a breakout session in our lounge area. Check out the values we live by and why our team loves being at Delego.
What you’ll do:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The design, development and maintenance of tools to support the automated deployment, monitoring and operation of the Delego product in the AWS cloud.
- Working closely with the Operations team to identify opportunities for automation in their processes and procedures.
- Working closely with the Development and Operations teams to define the AWS infrastructure required to support new Delego features.
- Working closely with the Development and Operations teams to automate the deployment, monitoring and operation of new features in an AWS environment.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a smart, self-motivated, success-oriented individual to join our growing team of professionals. You're an excellent problem solver who knows how to manage your time and prioritize your work and you enjoy working with others to develop solutions that meet or exceed requirements.
Specifically, the ideal candidate should have:
- 5-10 years’ experience with cloud solutions and technical project implementations.
- Experience with AWS (AWS Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, VPC, Cloudwatch, etc.)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar.
- Scripting experience (Ruby, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP
- Strong background in Linux
- Practical knowledge and experience with Git/Gerrit and Jenkins
- A Computer Science/Software Engineering/Computer Engineering or related degree
- 2+ years of Java/Java EE development experience is an asset
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge and/or experience working with SAP