Accounts Payable Specialist
You are extremely adept at managing accounts payable for a fast-paced growing tech company. You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and are passionate about taking care of all the little details in AP to make sure the company is paying the right amounts to vendors and accounting for expenses accurately. You also have a passion for improving AP processes for efficiency and accuracy. You’ve developed an extremely strong attention to detail such that nothing gets past you, and you take pride in knowing all of the company’s payables have been recorded properly and accurately.
What you'll do:
You will be reviewing and recording the company’s payables accurately and in a timely manner to assist the Accounting Manager in making payments. You will drive innovative improvements in processes and automation to support the efficient scaling of the accounts payable function through technological integrations. Duties will include:
- Managing accounts payable, including following up on vendor invoicing and tracking of purchase orders
- Fostering strong relationships with vendors through timely and friendly correspondence, including addressing any payment and invoicing related issues
- Investigating the statuses of unresolved purchase orders and collaborating internally on the proper accounting treatment of invoices and accruals
- Updating and maintaining accrual tracking spreadsheets and subledgers to support accurate financial reporting and forecasting
- Tracking and recording credit card activity, including performing credit card reconciliations
- Improving and automating accounts payable and related systems and processes through building and enhancing technological integrations and business process improvements
- Assisting with month-close tasks and supporting external audit requests
- Stay on top of purchase invoices/accruals under complex vendor agreements
- Work on projects such as a new PO system roll-out, automating vendor payments etc
- Collaborate with Finance team and the business to ensure all A/P related responsibilities are met in a timely manner
- Verify that orders are charged to the proper accounts
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records
- Other duties as necessary
What You’ll Need:
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in accounts payable
- Extremely strong attention to detail with a keen focus on accuracy of numbers and financial data
- Unparalleled organizational skills to ensure no tasks or issues are ever missed or left uncompleted
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and corporate financial accounting
- Enhanced problem-solving skills along with the capacity to devise innovative solutions to tweak and improve accounts payable systems and processes
- Capable of taking on and handling tasks independently, as well as of coordinating and working with different levels within the organization
- Adept at both oral and written communication across all departments in an organization
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, accounting systems, ERPs, as well as general tech savvy to adapt to different platforms
Bonus points for:
- Experience in a tech start-up environment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using NetSuite
- Experience working with multiple currencies and multinational locations and vendors
- Strong knowledge of and experience with US GAAP
Feel like you can’t tick all the boxes above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Day-to-day, we challenge each other to constantly raise the bar, encourage unconventional thinking to achieve innovative breakthroughs, and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals. We advocate a healthy lifestyle and promote continuous learning in a flexible work environment. Most of all, we set visionary goals, and we’re passionate about building the best, most impactful products that people will love.
Thalmic is a hardware + software company building exciting technologies that will shape the future of human-computer interaction, backed by a world-class team of investors including Intel Capital, Spark Capital and The Amazon Alexa Fund.
We announced our first product, the Myo gesture control armband, in 2013, and pre-sold over 10,000 units in the first 48 hours. Myo is now shipping worldwide and has gone on to win numerous awards, including Digital Trends’ “Best of CES 2014” Award for Cool Tech.