Business Development Respresentative
Sortable is fixing the broken ad-tech industry and simplifying operations for publishers worldwide. Our mission is to change the future of online advertising for publishers—and we need you to get there. We help publishers and revenue operations teams optimize yield. By providing the right data, we empower publishers to make better decisions about monetization, content, and audience acquisition. Fast-growing and privately funded, we’re proud to be a tech company with deep roots in Waterloo Region, Canada.
What you’ll do
Business Development Representatives at Sortable are at the front line of our sales and marketing efforts, and play an important role in growing our customer base.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Prospecting and connecting with leads to qualify and schedule discovery calls for Publisher Consultants and Management team
- Serving as Sortable’s brand ambassador
- Creating and developing accounts profiles for Discovery calls leveraging tools such as Builtwith, Alexa, Google AdX Buyer Tools, Similarweb, ZoomInfo, Linkedin Premium, etc...
- Track outbound communication and inbound responses and update account learnings with SalesLoft and Salesforce
- Achieving monthly outbound volume and qualified discovery meeting quotas
- Share learnings from the field and to help define the most effective processes and strategy for the Pub Dev team to achieve our aggressive targets.
Requirements/what it takes
We want you to be successful and feel confident in your application. Here are some things we'll be looking for in your profile:
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting
- Hungry to learn about the digital advertising industry and SAAS sales
- Loves connecting with people whether over the phone, email, video conference, or face-to-face
- Tenacious, likable and persuasive, who can get the job done
- Able to explain and present complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Bonus points and nice to have qualities
Want to sweeten your application and make it stand out? Here's some bonus points:
- Experience with daily interaction with prospects/customers in a telesales/telemarketing or customer service role
- Proven successful lead generation experience, with a background in technology and software a plus
- Prospecting and CRM (Salesforce) experience
- Knowledge of online advertising industry and products
What do we offer you?
You’ll have the opportunity to make things happen at Sortable. We’re proud to be recognized with accolades for our company growth (Deloitte Fast50/Fast500, PROFIT 500) and workplace culture (Digiday WorkLife, Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers). Not bad for a company that started as four engineers in 2011.
Our competitive advantage? Our people.
Your growth: At Sortable, we value autonomy, taking ownership of your role, and continuous learning. Your growth here is important and we’ll invest in your success with training, feedback, and development.
Our culture: We’re fiercely obsessed with our culture. It’s protected, guided, and influenced by people like you who value transparency, collaboration, and diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe that our workplace should reflect the world we want to live in and work hard to make it a reality.
How to succeed at Sortable: The underlying foundation of who we are and how we behave is built on a team of individuals who make others feel safe to exchange feedback, respect differences, and take calculated risks. Productive. Curious. Smart. Nice. Selfless. Think you’d be a perfect fit? We’d love to hear from you.
Perks and the nice stuff!
We make sure you’re able to come in and do amazing work. In addition to unlimited snacks (a nod to our startup beginnings), you’ll get perks and benefits to help you maintain a healthy work-life balance:
- Comprehensive health benefits for you and your family
- Catered lunches and a stocked fridge to keep you full and focused
- Equity in Sortable so you have stake in the company and decisions
- Life @ Sortable initiatives like volunteer hours, learning credits, and fitness credits to invest in your well-being
Plus all the fun stuff that our staff dream up, like Cocktail Fridays, solar eclipse viewing parties, beach dress up days, fitness challenges, talent shows, team sports and clubs. Because we create our best ideas when we’re inspired, comfortable, and engaged in the work we do and the people we see everyday.
We’re here to help.
At Sortable, we're dedicated to ensuring equal employment opportunities. If you require accommodation in the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in confidence.