Senior Software Developer
- Ricoh Canada Inc.
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Enterprise (500+)
Ricoh's Global Solutions Engineering (GSE) group is expanding its scanning and image processing development team in Kitchener and has an opening for a Senior Software Developer. GSE is part of the Software Development Center Americas, which works with Global teams developing software products used by our customers, ranging from small businesses to global enterprises. The team is also focused on the delivery and implementation for the Americas market. The solutions typically are based on scalable server architectures, and primarily implemented in Java.
Joining our team, you will gain exposure to a variety of development technologies, and be able to work together with developers on the global teams. We have a quiet, productive work environment, with the opportunity to collaborate with other bright software developers, enabling you to grow your skills. We encourage our team members to go beyond their job descriptions and help each other to both exceed our project goals and to grow their technical expertise.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will have primary responsibility for the design, implementation and customization of our scan based products.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design/develop and test modules
- Work with other members for design and interoperability
- Develop SDKs for use by partners and customers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with support teams to troubleshoot problems at customer sites as required
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- Experience with networking protocols e.g. HTTP, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST
- Java ORM technologies. (e.g. Hibernate, myBatis)
- Scan/image processing knowledge
- C++/C# an asset
- 5+ years of relevant software develop experience