At Bidvine we’re tackling a huge problem: trying to make hiring trusted local service professionals ridiculously easy. So far, so good. We launched in early 2015 and have expanded to over 800 services across our first market, the UK. We’re just getting started on our plans to go deeper with local service professionals and go broader into new geographies. We need your help to keep building and growing.
Reporting to our head of product, design and engineering in Waterloo, ON, you will be responsible for growing Bidvine by building richer, more engaging products across web and mobile. You will be responsible for the longer term product business plan, product roadmap, as well as managing the lifecycle of the product. We are looking for someone with the experience to own a key squad in our structure.
If you use data to guide you, you know how to both listen and innovate, and you can make large amounts of structured data and unstructured information work for you to make informed decisions, then visit www.bidvine.com to see if you're excited about what we're doing.
At Bidvine you will:
- Drive product KPIs that directly roll up to company revenue
- Focus on one or more squads that could include the core marketplace features, growth, or internal tools & machine learning - incorporating both web and mobile.
- Oversee the end-to-end product lifecycle, from user research to A/B testing, ruthlessly prioritizing to achieve the best outcomes
- Run experiments to find the global maxima of our KPIs, not restricted to the local maxima of our current implementation
- Span the range from fixes and optimizations to ideating on the future of Bidvine's role in the future of service delivery and marketplace networks in local communities
- Conduct market and competitive research to contribute to the product roadmap
- Work closely with the senior leadership to define the product roadmap and vision, and then ensure work is aligned with this product roadmap
- Work with the development lead to ensure that implementations meet the architectural and technical requirements of the platform
- You'll wear the scrum master and product owner hats, and run meetings, set agendas, and keep teams focused when competing priorities and schedules collide
- Curiosity & smarts
- Proven experience in launching new products to market
- Great communication and presentation skills
- 2+ years of product management experience at a consumer-facing startup
- Experience with web and mobile based products
- Adept at SQL
- Strong understanding of A/B testing and statistical significance
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A head for business and unit economics
- You care about design and product quality
- Experience with agile and scrum
Nice to have:
- Experienced entrepreneur
- Online marketplace experience.
- UI/UX Experience
- Experience managing product managers