Technical Product Manager
- Job Function
- Product Management
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
eSentire is seeking a sharp Product Manager to join our team as we go to market with the best-in-class offering in the red-hot Managed Detection & Response space. The right candidate will have an opportunity to set strategic priorities across the product portfolio and will work closely with critical customers and partners. This is an opportunity to join the team on the ground floor and drive serious transformational growth at this fast-growing company.
You will be required to:
- Engage with strategic customers to better understand their security gaps, pain points and derive product requirements that will address them
- Articulate trends in the security industry, evaluate/assess new technology partners and identify product/solution innovation opportunities
- Synthesize customer insights, quantitative and qualitative data, and business strategy into product concepts and requirements
- Participate in the development process to provide in-depth customer requirements to Engineering and execution
This role will interface with stakeholders across the company to meet the objective of delivering a scalable service to our end customers. The primary interaction will be the development and SOC teams, but you will also engage sales, marketing, and partner strategy teams on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 5+ years experience in product management building enterprise security products and services
- Alternatively, you are a tack-sharp Sales Engineer with deep knowledge of the security buyer and have a broad experience with assembling real-world enterprise security solutions
- Knowledge of more than one of the primary security technologies and applications preferred – Next Generation Firewall, intrusion prevention, security management, SIEM, endpoint detection & response, advanced threats. Plus: Prior experience in the security service industry
- The ability to develop API based big-data platform that continuously monitors public and private cloud environments. Expertise in at least one public cloud platform (AWS, Azure or GCP) will be a plus
- Experience leading cross-functional teams working on large, complex projects. Plus: Experience as a product owner managing a backlog and roadmap cadence
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to articulate complex technology and decisions simply
- BA/BS degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related experiences, MBA a plus
- A willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
Location: For the right candidate the role can be remote in the US – some travel to Canadian HQ in Cambridge, Ontario will be required. US/Canada permanent residency needed.
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.com and follow @eSentire.
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.