- Oculys Health Informatics
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Oculys Health Informatics is a Canadian Ontario-based software healthcare company specializing in developing real-time and predictive software to solve bottlenecks and streamline efficiency – we are the most innovative, affordable, real-time visual management system no-one thought was possible. We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 30+ hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/).
You will be joining an award-winning, successful and growing company. Oculys recently won 3rd place in a global healthcare technology competition, the Interface Healthcare Challenge 2017. This annual competition invites companies across the globe to compete and find the world’s most innovative digital health start-ups. Oculys was also selected as 1 of 10 of Canada’s most promising emerging technology companies to participate in Lazaridis inaugural Canadian Scale-Up Program. Oculys was recently awarded the Greater Kitchener Waterloo Chamber of Commerce 2018 Innovation Award, and named OMERS 100 HealthTech companies worth watching in Canada.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work in healthcare with an innovative team, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
As a Software Developer, you are a key member of our growing team. With hospitals and patients at the center of our solution - creativity, quality, and attention to details are three key pillars to our continued success.
This role includes collaboration and mentoring with the development team on new solution features and hospital client implementations.
What you will do
- Work with other developers to define the technical approach to the solution
- Develop and execute rigorous testing tools
- Participate in code reviews and design sessions
- Help to manage build environments and release processes
- Ensure quality software is released to our customers
- Provide occasional availability during off-hours to deal with critical system issues or outages
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent training in computer science or engineering
- 2+ years building web-based business systems applications using the .Net framework in C# using ASP.NET, MVC, Web Forms and Web API
- Prior experience leading small software development teams
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, design principles and patterns, coding practices
- Any experience with service-oriented architecture, event sourcing and enterprise service bus concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL concepts and programming
- The ability to think critically and creatively and contribute ideas and suggestions
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to troubleshoot and clearly define problems and provide recommendations
- A positive attitude and a results-oriented work ethic
- An ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- An ability to self-monitor progress against project goals and employ corrective actions as necessary
Let us know if you also have
- Experience with Dev Ops and the Microsoft Azure platform
- Knowledge of web security and threat mitigation
- Experience with responsive web interface design or mobile application development
- Prior experience working in a hospital environment or with health system software
Working at Oculys goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for hospitals, their employees, and the patients. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.