Front End Software Developer
Oculys Health Informatics is a Canadian Ontario-based software healthcare company specializing in developing real-time and predictive software to solve bottlenecks and streamline efficiency – we are the most innovative, affordable, real-time visual management system no-one thought was possible. We deliver innovative solutions to healthcare executives and clinicians in real-time to help hospitals run more efficiently and transparently.
Our technology is currently implemented in 40 hospital sites throughout Ontario and Manitoba, including the public-facing real-time Emergency Department wait time web site. This was launched by Kitchener’s St. Mary’s General (http://www.smgh.ca/ed-wait-times/) and Grand River Hospitals.
You will be joining an award-winning, successful and growing company. Oculys recently won 3rd place in a global healthcare technology competition, the Interface Healthcare Challenge 2017. This annual competition invites companies across the globe to compete and find the world’s most innovative digital health start-ups. Oculys was also selected as 1 of 10 of Canada’s most promising emerging technology companies to participate in its inaugural Canadian Scale-Up Program.
If you want to make a real-time difference and work in healthcare with an innovative team, then we’d like to meet you to find out how you can contribute directly to our success.
Our office is located in Waterloo, Ontario and more information about the company can be found at: http://oculys.com/
About the role
With hospitals and patients at the center of our solution - creativity, quality, and attention to details are three key pillars to our continued success.
We are looking for a strong front-end developer that can help us deliver an intuitive and beautiful user experience to healthcare professionals. You bring strong first-hand experience building well-designed web applications with tools and frameworks such as Angular, React and Material Design. You understand how to integrate with back-end web services using technology such as OAuth.
This role is responsible for:
- Working with other developers and stakeholders to define the visual and technical approach to the solution
- Leveraging your skills to deliver quality software
- Participating in code reviews and design sessions
- Ensuring quality software is released to our customers
- Providing occasional availability during off-hours to deal with critical system issues or outages
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent training in computer science or engineering
- Experience with responsive web interface design or mobile application development
- Knowledge of front-end unit testing frameworks
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL Server, and NoSQL databases
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns, and best coding practices
- A positive attitude and a results-oriented work ethic
- An ability to work both independently and in a team environment, self-monitor progress against project goals and employ corrective actions as necessary
- Real-time user interfaces that use technology such as Web Sockets
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or LESS
- Experience with data-state flow patterns such as Redux, Flux and ngrx
- Experience with build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, and Bower
- Knowledge of C# and .NET framework (ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core)
- Understanding of RESTful API design and development
Let us know if you also have
- Experience building SaaS platforms
- Experience with Dev Ops and the Microsoft Azure platform
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture, event sourcing or enterprise service bus
- Knowledge of web security and threat mitigation
- Prior experience working in a hospital environment or with health system software
Working at Oculys goes beyond the resume, because the work we perform makes a true difference in people’s lives. We build innovative healthcare technology for hospital, their employees, and the patients. We believe work is so much more meaningful when you’re doing it with a higher purpose.