Backend Software Developer
- Job Function
- Software Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
eSentire is looking for a highly-motivated Backend Developer with a strong work ethic to assist with our development efforts. As a member of the SOC-Dashboard team, you will look to empower and improve the user experience for our team of security analysts as they protect our clients from rapidly evolving cyber attacks. At eSentire, we work collaboratively in an open, transparent development culture. All team members are encouraged and expected to interact with the Management team, fellow Developers, Testers, and other stakeholders through the development lifecycle.
At eSentire you will be exposed to, and working directly with, some of the latest technologies used within the industry. We are looking for candidates who are open and excited to develop an expertise with formidable software and platforms such as WebSockets, SOA, Docker, Kubernetes, node.js, and Kafka.
You will be responsible for:
- Optimization of the application(s) for maximum speed and scalability
- Participating in agile project execution – daily stand ups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and product demos
- Performing code reviews of other team members work
- Assisting in the design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Development and maintenance/bug fixing of both new and existing APIs
What we want to see:
- 3-5 years of working experience in Backend Development
- A high degree of energy and enthusiasm for cybersecurity challenges and an interest in solutions through exceptional software
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving (knowing how to balance time vs. effort vs. perfection)
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively in a transparent and team-based culture
- An appreciation for quality, craftsmanship, work ethic, and perseverance
- A BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering; or relevant work experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Hands-on experience with Python, PHP, MySQL, Postgres
- Familiarity with SOA/Microservice-driven architecture
- Firm understanding of REST and the development of RESTful APIs
- Fundamental understanding of application security
- Expressed understanding of the ideologies behind Test-Driven Development (TDD) and its role in the development life cycle, ie.
- Unit Testing
- Functional Testing
- Strong experience with both command-line and GUI operations within Git
- Experience with Docker (Building images; running containers)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for working within a highly collaborative team
- A strong attention to detail
Why a Career with eSentire?
About us: eSentire® is the largest pure-play Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider, keeping organizations safe from constantly evolving cyber-attacks that technology alone cannot prevent. Its 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC), staffed by elite security analysts, hunts, investigates, and responds in real-time to known and unknown threats before they become business disrupting events. Protecting more than $6 trillion in corporate assets, eSentire absorbs the complexity of cybersecurity, delivering enterprise-grade protection and the ability to comply with growing regulatory requirements.
eSentire has been recognized in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™, Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers, and Gartner’s Market Guide for Managed Detection and Response. For more information, visit www.eSentire.comOpens a New Window. and follow @eSentireOpens a New Window..
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there is lots of lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: Every day we provide free breakfast and refreshments, flexible hours, half day off birthdays, concierge services, RRSP matching program, subsidies for continuing education and health and wellness and attractive compensation and benefit plans. We make it our obligation to the team here to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at email@example.com and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.