Business Development, Engineering Systems Design and Analysis
- Job Function
- Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
- Full time
- Company Size
- Scaling (20-499)
Who are we?
Maplesoft™ is a leading provider of software tools for engineering, science, research and teaching. Maple is math software that combines the world's most powerful math engine with an interface that makes it extremely easy to analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems. Our innovative products harness the power of mathematics to provide users with the ultimate set of technical simulation and modeling tools. Our primary markets are automotive, aerospace, robotics, power, electronics, manufacturing, and academia.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales leader to assume full operational responsibility for leading and growing Maplesoft’s global business in the Engineering Systems Design and Analysis market. This is a highly visible role within a well-respected company that continues to grow and expand its business base.
In this role you will:
- Develop and execute short and long-term business plans, strategies and tactics to grow Maplesoft’s business in targeted segments within the global CAE market.
- Oversee the planning, development and execution of the division’s strategic and tactical growth objectives, overseeing all market facing activities including marketing, brand management, forecasting, sales management, customer relationships, internal and external communications, and all aspects of customer satisfaction.
- Working closely with the executive team, generate growth opportunities for Maplesoft’s sales teams through guidance and leadership in identification, qualification, bid and capture of new and renewed business opportunities.
- Build relationships with business partners and potential customers to understand industry needs, customer requirements and quality and service expectations.
- Partner with R&D and Product Management to define product and customer roadmaps.
- Drive for excellence and continuous improvement within the core Business Development team.
- You have a proven track record in managing a P&L within business units to achieve target KPIs.
- 10+ years of well-rounded sales and business-development experience in positions of increasing responsibility with a focus on winning new business while leading a diverse team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree highly desirable.
- Experience working in an engineering design industry, particularly in CAE, PLM platforms, or Systems Engineering, Simulation and Analysis tools
- Strong leadership and management capabilities, demonstrated business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to drive team performance.
- Collaborative business style and the ability to work within a matrix environment.
- Success in coaching, developing teams, and driving performance.
- Ability to interact effectively within the broad levels of customer leadership and company executives, as well as internal company executives and peers.
Working at Maplesoft
Our teams build world-class software and services for system simulation, calculation management and systems engineering. Our product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things!
Maplesoft offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and exciting projects in the industry. We are committed to providing every employee with professional growth opportunities, a supportive work environment, and excellent compensation and benefits. Our Waterloo, Ontario office provides a Corporate Concierge Service, a Health & Wellness Program and an Onsite, Fully Equipped Fitness Facility.