e you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Data discovery, data transformation, data integration layers – what do they all need? Data integration capabilities to unlock the data in systems of record!
We are looking for a dynamic Data Engineer / Developer with experience in designing, building, and integrating data from various resources. You have experience developing integrations (batch or streaming) for data ingestion, data mapping and data processing capabilities using Open Source Hadoop DataFlow tools such as Kafka, NiFi, Storm. You are passionate about microservice architectures and data streaming.
What you will be doing:
- You will be a key part of the Data Supply Services delivery team.
- You will design and develop the dataflows that are based on microservices architecture and guide the team to build ‘fit for purpose’ solutions to leverage the various data supply tools.
- You will help the team to determine Capacity/Performance needs based on data flow/solution.
- You will be part and Drive POTs for new technologies.
- You will understand and support the design of the security model on the solution provided.
- You will align solutions and strategies with the Global strategies and Enterprise Data Lake solutions and services
- You will provide technical leadership to the application development group on the use of data integration architecture and best practices / data flow patterns
- We are building a practice, we need integration development governance, process and procedures - you will help define these
- You will play a part on the on-call rotation providing after hours support. Position will include participation in weekend on call support rotation approximately once every 4-5 weeks.
We think you would be a great fit if:
- You love the challenge of building something new and experience in data architecture principles.
- You understand technical capabilities and data movement technologies and can translate that thinking to practical steps to get us there
- You have expert knowledge in Data Movement technologies, including Apache data movement tools such as NiFi / Kafka / Spark / Storm
- You understand and have experience in microservices architectures, and distributed transactions to design dataflows
- Your design and communication skills are stellar and appropriate to the audience
- You guide and assist productive teams – people trust your knowledge
- You love to learn
We need you to have a number of these:
- You have worked in IT for at least 10 years with at least 5 years directly involved in data management services with at least 5 years’ experience with data design and development. Experience with microservices architectures, bounded contexts and distributed transactions are essential.
- You are exceptionally familiar with the data management landscape and have been deeply involved with ETL and similar data integration projects. You have exceptional skills and experience with the Hadoop Data Movement tools (NiFi, Kafka, Spark) and have experience with other ETL tools
- You are service oriented, execution focus, and collaborative.
- You are a thought leader with respect to the function of driving innovation, identification and resolution of complex issues.
- You can be agile and proactive, you like having your hands on the keyboard
- You have successfully worked and collaborated with vendor partners
- You love learning and champion change
- You are fun to be around and WOW, can we count on you
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2017, we had about 35,000 employees, 73,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 26 million customers. As of March 31, 2018, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$850 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.9 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.