Company & Job Summary
AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction. We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The role of the candidate will be focused on hardware (mechanical & electrical) integration. Integrating AdHawk’s technology into customer products will require hands-on work, careful planning and characterization, and creative problem-solving techniques. An ideal candidate will have rapid prototyping experience including mechanical CAD, 3D printing and optomechanical experience.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new Human Computer Interaction (HCI) peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS optomechanical sensor platform. You will be one of the first with an opportunity to redefine the way people use VR/AR technology. You will also have a chance to develop wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches every day, drinks and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions and VR gaming! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
Undergraduate Engineering or Physics Degree with at least 1 year of hands-on work experience
- Design and integrate novel eye-tracking microsystems into customer headsets and validate performance
- Perform qualification tests on hardware using benchtop assemblies and test subjects
- Optimize the optomechanical configuration of the system to improve performance on next gen VR/AR hardware
- Design precision assemblies for manufacturability, cost, ease of integration and size
- Help develop test plans and procedures
- Work with senior hardware engineers and project managers to ensure on-time customer shipments
- Experience with CAD software
- Hands-on expertise with rapid prototyping & debugging: soldering, harnessing, and/or fixturing
- Design of test jigs for proof-of-concept and characterization
- Strong technical writing skills for production of datasheets, application guides and customer correspondence
Helpful Skills to Have
- Experience with MEMS-based sensors
- High volume consumer product development experience
- Familiarity with Python, C/C++
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Experience in design optimization, characterization, and alignment of opto-mechanical systems