AdHawk Microsystems is changing the way that humans interact with computers by introducing microsystems that can detect eye movements and micro-gestures with unprecedented resolution, speed, and power efficiency. Our eye tracking sensors will transform the way people use Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) technology through foveated rendering, intuitive and seamless UI design, and enhanced immersion. In addition, our micro-gesture inputs to wearable devices will enable effortless interaction through applications like mid-air swipe keyboards for smart watches.
We are a fully funded startup with an experienced management team that believes in the ability of candidates to make a significant contribution to the future of human computer interaction. We believe in a flexible work environment with an emphasis on results and outcomes--not hours. Our team consists of researchers and engineers of the highest caliber with a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for the technology we develop. We publish award-winning research papers, fabricate custom silicon chips at leading foundries and push the boundaries of physics and manufacturing to develop products that create compelling value for our customers.
The role of the candidate will be focused on embedded C/C++ development on low-end 32-bit microcontrollers. The development includes digital signal processing, control algorithms and peripheral drivers. An ideal candidate will have have experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and have deployed production grade embedded / firmware code.
The successful candidate will gain hands-on experience with a number of new Human Computer Interaction (HCI) peripherals built around a groundbreaking MEMS optomechanical sensor platform. You will be one of the first with an opportunity to redefine the way people use VR/AR technology. You will also have a chance to develop wearable devices that leverage a new paradigm in gestural input technology.
Perks of working at AdHawk include: free lunches everyday, drinks and snacks, table tennis with weekly coaching sessions and VR gaming! We look forward to working with creative, enthusiastic individuals in an exciting startup environment!
Undergraduate Engineering or Physics Degree with at least 1 year of hands-on work experience
- Bare metal and real-time embedded development on low-end 32-bit microcontrollers
- High performance dsp / control algorithm design, development, and verification
- Embedded profiling
- Peripheral driver development
- GUI interfacing using Python and/or Web Technologies
- Unit testing
- Embedded programming experience
- Strong familiarity with real-time operating system (RTOS) concepts
- Familiarity with software architecture concepts
- Strong technical writing skills for production of datasheets, application guides and customer correspondence
Helpful Skills to Have
- Assembly / Bare metal development on ARM, x86, or PIC instruction sets
- Familiarity with FreeRTOS, Linux, Android, macOS
- Serial programming experience: I2C, SPI, UART, USB, Bluetooth, TCP/IP
- Familiarity with control theory
- Experience developing applications for the Apple App Store, Android Play Store, Steam Store, or PlayStation Store (demo of working app an asset)
- Experience defining APIs for novel input modalities